Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How can I...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Make enemy's smarter?

How to do it? when I shoot at them They just run around,And Hardly return fire.Why does this happen?

could you help me please?

And Also how can I make free roaming game in FPSC?I mean How can I do it,without Frame Rate drop?

THANK YOU.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 18:38
The way to make enemies smarter is write a smarter AI script. Search the forums for AI scripts. There are a few good ones to choose from. To make them smarter still, you'll need to learn the fpi scripting language and write your own scripts.

http://www.fpsfree.com/content/scripts/fpi_script.htm is a list or the scripts conditions and actions with explanations of each.

To make large open areas in FPSC without frame rate drop or with minimal frame rate drop will take some smart design and a lot of trial and error. This topic is also quite prevalent on the forum. Search for it.

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 21:45 Edited at: 14th Sep 2006 21:46
You might want to use different titles for your threads for the sake of those that might be searching.
"How do I" is not only not a descriptive title but has been used in various forums countless times.

evil man
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok thanks.

Scripts huh...Ok I'll search for them.

And FredP I am really,really deeply sorry,I apologize.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 23:53
No need for apologies.
Just letting you know for future reference.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2006 00:03
evil man,

Making advanced games with advanced AI and alike takes quite a bit of effort and some time for a new user to get to understand a little of how FPSC works for best advantage to achieve what you want.

Luckily theres a lot of info available at the forums you can find with a search - covering most of the things you will need to know if you cant what you want in the Manual which covers a great deal.

There are also a lot of knowledgable and helpful members here that kindly give up their time in helping others in many ways.

Good luck with your FPSCing.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2006 00:24
Search the scripts forum for Intellimatter AI,AI 2.0 (or is it 2.2 now?) and David's AI.
They are three decent AI scripts for enemies.
You will probably find out real quick that you have to script enemy AI on an enemy by enemy basis.
Keep changing the main AI script until you find one that works for that particular enemy and then repeat the process for each enemy.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2006 00:57
FredP,

Quote: "You will probably find out real quick that you have to script enemy AI on an enemy by enemy basis.
"

Thats so true which is why I have to make individual scripts for all the various character types I make and set up myself and why I am struggling with the scrpt limmit.

In many instances to get objects to react or interact within specific scenarios you have no choice but to set up each and every sceanrio and the scripts that control them individually. Makes sense I guess really as game entities cant think for themselves and we dont have a great deal of AI decision making process commands available for use in FPSC AI scripts.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
evil man
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok,

Thank guys,you are really kind,You always help a guy in the trouble.

Thanks.

i am going to make a free roaming game.The reason i asked for this question is that I want to add some special units in the city,so they can hunt you down if you commit the crime.Also bystanders so they can return fire if you atack them.I will start searching for some scripts.

Thanks ,thank you very much dudes!

I'll post some screens of my game in showcase,soon...

FPS creator rocks,Just need to ask is there a game named

"urban conflict"?

I will name my game like this.So did someOne named the game like this let me know,Or is there a game named like this?

thanks you all Rule!
Prince
Years of Service
User Offline
I usually try using Gamespot to search for a game name if its already used. Also try searching in this forum and usually people have their game names in the subjet line.

Good luck.
evil man
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks.

I have this problem now,when I make a waypoint,the Bystander walks but not moving.Do you understand what I mean?

Like the walking animation runs,but he doesn't move,just stands in place but moving.

Am I doing something wrong with waypoint?

i read manual about waypoints and I make The same waypoint like in manual,But enemy just walks,but not moving,Like walking in place.

What's the prob?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 12:44:51
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 12:44:51