Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Yay! Just got my software! :)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 23:45
I've installed it and have been reading the docs so I really tried to find the answer to this one lol. Okay, I've downloaded a few free packs from folks to add to my games. When I unzip/rar or whatever, do I move the entire folder (unzipped) to the files area (meshbank, common, sci fi etc) or do I have unzip all of the folder it came in and then add all the indiv files to say meshbank if they are meshbank items? (sorry if this isn't clear :/)

The thing that is confusing me is that some folders in the game, like Meshbank, have other folders, common, sci fi, modern etc) and wasn't sure where to put them in, unless I unzip them all to the User folder.

Thank you all in advance for the help..
Rob
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2006 00:40
Robh22,

You need to understand the way FPSC works by default with these things so looking at the defults is the best way to learn.

Many FPSC objects have multiple media files and are often held in different locations.

A good way to find out exactly where in each case is to open an objects script file in notepad and look at what files may be linked and in which folders they are stored - you may have to study numerous script files in this way to understand everything fully.

Generally speaking you can for instance keep new objects files either entity or segment files you make or download in the appropriate user folders but some associated files such as textures or AI script files if they have any may need to go elsewhere. In the texturebank or Scriptbank sub user folders or such like - you see?

If you download stuff any script files with them may have specific references to associated media in them so you should open them and make sure they match up with where you put the media. Otherwise follow any instructions in the download.

Thats the main thing - FPSC needs to know where everything is - in some instances its not fussy as long as you tell it where they are -in other instances its very fussy so then you have to study the defaults and put new stuff in the same folder locations as the defaults.

Trial and error is your best friend.

Hope that helps a little.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
Robh22
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2006 01:05
Thank you! I really do appreciate the help

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 12:42:30
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 12:42:30