Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Fpsc is capable of making high detailed games!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2006 02:19 Edited at: 15th Sep 2006 02:25
Hi everybody,
I've been doing alot of research and found out the fpsc is capable of creating high detailed games.With the new updates coming, I think we can create commercial quality games.

How?

-Firstly by making our own models,no offence or anything to the game creators,but the models that came with fpsc aren't high commercial quality like some games such as:Halo,Call of duty,Medal of honor,counter-strike and so on.

But i think we can all make our own models,we just need to take some time to learn how to model,It only took me a month to make decent models with high texture,like my ingram 11,desert eagle and ak47.I think all of us can make models as good as Jon Fletcher and Keithc. Practice makes perfect.

-Secondly the texturing,I don't have any high quality programs like paintshop pro and photoshop,but I managed to use textures from those free texture websites.It worked,and for all those other people who don't know how to texture,why dont you request or learn how to make textures(if you have a special program).

It may take some time, but you will get the hang of it. For all those people who are to busy or can't be bothered to make textures,why not go to a free texture website.Without texturing the game would be dull. Anyone can do it if they just try.
Practice makes perfect.

-Thirdly, Lightmapping the models. This is very important if you want to make your game high quality. Im very sure fpsc can handle this,some games have lightmapping,take a look at Counter-strike source,Half-life 2 and doom 3,They all have light mapping.
There are plenty of model light mappers,for instance,Lightwave 3d,
that was used with lots of games,just take a look at the website.

-With all of these put together quality games can be made!While all the updates are still coming these,updates will inhance fpsc greatly. Fpsc can make high quality games,with your skills at modeling,texturing or lightmapping,you never know you might just make the next doom or half-life!

I hope this gives a better understanding to those people who dislike fpsc, saying that fpsc can't create good qaulity games,well it can!

Practice makes perfect

-Tj
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2006 02:51 Edited at: 15th Sep 2006 02:51
Quote: "but the models that came with fpsc aren't high commercial quality like some games such as:Halo,Call of duty,Medal of honor,counter-strike and so on."

Actually, most FPSC media seems to surpass those of Couter Strike and Medal of Honor AA, possibly even Halo 1 (not Halo 2).

EDIT: Not Counter-Strike Source though.

My Apps:
Decal Maker
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2006 03:02
Quote: "Practice makes perfect"

I agree with you here... BUT I have on many occasions tried to get into modelling... I have no talent for it whatsoever... I have tried and tried but to no avail... Not everyone can do everything...

I personally think the models that come with FPSC are very good... It's one of the reasons I bought it because I could concentrate on making a game and not worry about creating, animating everything that needs to be in it...

Quote: "I hope this gives a better understanding to those people who dislike fpsc, saying that fpsc can't create good qaulity games,well it can!"

From your entire post it strikes me that you are saying good quality games come from good quality models and textures...essentially eye candy... you could have a beautiful looking game with no substance... that's not good quality... While good visuals are important, a game lives and dies by it's gameplay... People can often look past poorer visuals if the gameplay is good, but they don't look past poor gameplay even if the game looks stunning....

I don't want to see a FPSC Professional!
tj990
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2006 03:31 Edited at: 15th Sep 2006 03:34
As I said, The updates will inhance the gameplay of fps creator greatly. With good visuals and gameplay,we can create good games.

Quote: "I agree with you here... BUT I have on many occasions tried to get into modelling... I have no talent for it whatsoever... I have tried and tried but to no avail... Not everyone can do everything..."

Well what modeling program r u using Thraxas?
Did You look at the tutorials?
did you watch any videos?

Quote: "Actually, most FPSC media seems to surpass those of Couter Strike and Medal of Honor AA, possibly even Halo 1 (not Halo 2)."

Airslide have you even played counterstrike?(1.6)
The models and textures for that are quite good.
Medal of honor models may be matched,but the texture can not, I have looked at many screenshots comparing models,but medal of honor is much better. For fpsc it might have something to do with the resolution.....

-tj
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2006 03:36
Those that have been using FPSC for any length of time know exactly what its capabilities are.

With a lot of effort you will be able to make a resonable game well comparable to any indie engine in its class. Better perhaps if you work harder than anyone else.

To suggest using FPSC and expect to make a game comparable to any major AAA title at any point in its history is just ridiculous. It cant and you wont in my humble opinion. I just dont think thats a very helpful or realistic suggestion.

As FPSC develops so to will other software and hardware technologies and the situation will always remain the same.

The reality is FPSC will improve and by comparison to what users have been able to make with it to date certainly depending upon the amount of investment TGC are prepared to put into the product users will do their part I am sure and get the best from it.

FPSC could well be improved quite dramatically in some areas if TGC so decide - I have my doubts however in the case of certain aspects of the product that would need improvement as an aid to advanced gamemaking whether or not it will or indeed can be done. Apart from anything esle engines which are used to create modern major titles are very sophisticated pieces of kit indeed and are overall very expensive. One cannot realistically expect a budget game making product to compete on the same level - it just does not happen.

Its uncertain at this moment in time what future developer results might be but I have more than some doubt that you will see anyone take it and make a major title with it. I hope someone does.

Until thats done wishful thinking alone does not lend support to such a suggestion.

Many users have already shown that FPSC is used by some very talented people and I am sure they will be joined by others. Hopefully futrure development of the product will help them further and the games they make will be even better - If that happens most users will be happy to achieve that.

You wont make the next doom or half-life but you will make better games than previously was possible.

Good luck anyway all with your future FPSC game making. I wish you all much success.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
tj990
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2006 03:59 Edited at: 15th Sep 2006 03:59
I'm Trying to encourage people to use fpsc,im not trying to say "you will make crappy games if you don't follow my rules"

My friend, Daniel(who does not go on the forums because he does not have the internet) Has made a stunning game with fpsc.the game is like gun,a western sort of game,the models, textures,lighting are remarkable.When i played his game it blew my mind away.

I was very suprised he did not make it with darkbasic,but what he did do was make his own models,textures,lighting with a few programs.The graphics were just as good as The real Gun-game

I then realised fpsc is capable.

i like fpsc as much as any of you do,but when people dis it i will not tolerate it.

I have heard many people dis fpsc,im not going to mention any names but i've heard this:
-they said it was a waiste of time
-not a good product
-waiste of money
-creates the crapiest of crappy games
-they said "don't bother using fpsc,it sucks!"

that's what i have heard.I like fpsc no doubt about it,but dissing fpsc should not be tolerated.I know we can make good games if we put our time and effort into it.

Practice makes perfect

-Tj
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2006 04:12
Opinions are given - this is not going to drag on to an endless debate and fill the top of the forum.

What users are capable of making they can show us all in the Showcase forum.

Thread is locked.

"I am and forever will be your friend"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 12:48:55
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 12:48:55