Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPS Creator 1.03 RC1 here

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2006 06:43
No problem,Drew.

Zizaco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2006 15:17
Richard Davey,
Any plans to compile with the 6.2 in the final 1.03?

Sorry for my bad inglish!
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2006 19:49
I used terrorstrike as a test map. f6 did work but f9 did'nt save anything. I was only able to save into the first slot though.

http://www.mk83productions.com http://www.freewebs.com/mk83
300 win mag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2006 22:01
i cant get it to work when i try to download the verson it works but the save and load is not there and when i start up FPSCREATOR i see that wher is says V1 it dos not say V1.0.3 i need help on this PLEASE

300 win mag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2006 22:09 Edited at: 20th Sep 2006 22:10
SORRY I DID NOT SEE THE OTHER PAGE SORRY LOL

Rebellious Gamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2006 22:57
Is this patch only v1.02 - v1.03 or can it be used on v1.00?

bdgbdg
Years of Service
User Offline
I think it can be used on V 1.00

Project FPS - 71%
Rebellious Gamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2006 23:08
Thanks - I'll go download it

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2006 23:48
Yes, it can be used on V1.0. You don't need v1.01 and v1.02 and you don't want to, since those patches have major errors. v1.03 is much more stable.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
300 win mag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2006 00:52
can someone please help me on my question

tj990
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2006 01:31
Did any1 read my bug????
it's really affecting my game.

-TJ

[/img]
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2006 01:54
I'm sure it's been read, but nothing much we can do about it.

This update is a test version and you should not build you game with it if you're in a hurry to release it.

In theory this patch could destroy your whole game, it's not the final product, but a release candidate and should not be used for serious work.

GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2006 02:04
It was my understanding that this patch was not a bug fixing patch, it was merely released to enclude the long awaited save/load feature. It is also my understanding that TGC are currently working the bugs frim the last two patches.

RF
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2006 02:09
You should have read the original post more careful.....

Quote: "Attached is FPS Creator 1.03 RC1. This includes the following fixes, and also introduces load/save. Please test it out and post your feedback here. The feedback should be about what the upgrade does, not what it *should* do (i.e. this isn't the place for 'feature requests', it's the place to report bugs with it)"

RC1 = Release Candidate 1.... in other words not the final version. You're asked to test it, that's clear enough.

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2006 02:15
I stand corrected, I think I just read it to fast. Thanks Ben for making me see the light .
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2006 02:21
I tend to have the same problem.... download before I read.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2006 02:47 Edited at: 21st Sep 2006 02:49
300 win mag,

The Save Load Feature will be there. Posts in this thread thread will explain why it may not show up and what to do to get it to do so. Read all the posts in all this threads 3 pages to find out how to solve your problem.

Reality Forgotten,

All three Updates have bee bug fixing in as much as it fixes or attempts to fix those things as listed as so in the text file attached to the downloads.

Between versions V1.02 and V1.03 the latest Update was extensively worked upon and tested extensively to remove the serious issues which appeared in the previous two Updates and to improve engine efficiency and fps gameplay speeds over that of V1 which it successfully does.

The addition of Save Load was additional as promised by TGC.

TGC have said clearly that these intial Updates are not by and large aimed at major squashing all of the bugs or issues associated with any of the previous versions existing since EA up to date - that is something that is currently ongoing.

Undoubtedly bug squashing will continue and new ones may well appear in the further development of the product - thats almost certain.

With some luck and goodwill FPSC bug fixing, improvements to issues and if we are lucky something more may be forthcoming for a while to come at least.

TGC have said that FPSC is seen as a core product and is taken as such by them in consideration of developing the product forward in a manner which befits such.

Benjamin A,

During FPSC forward development it may be a possibility that there may crop up numerous behaviours which may cause the product to behave badly - though I would hope that we are unlikely to see that to the extent as appeared in V1.02 due to it not being necessary.

I have not seen any reports of any serious issues of concern with V1.03 to date.

V.103 as far as I am aware is more stable overall than was V1 and theres no reason that it should cause anyone to lose any of their work completely any different to any other version of FPSC or any other game engine for that matter. That can happen at any time with any engine due to user error, the engines themselves or external influences - its prudent to back up game development work often both on your system and extrnally to it otherwise anyone can get caught out at any time and if your development is long they quite likely may and will need to rely on backups at some stage.

Not often backing up a large investment in development is a big mistake.

But I appreciate your point and FPSC is in a state of development so if users are in no hurry to include improvements or new features into their games then they could continue with V1 if they feel its safer to do so.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
Darth Valtar
Years of Service
User Offline
I finaly got it downloaded and installed. It works! It works! It took only 12sec to load up a part of the level. I didn't even have to restart anything or start a new project, It worked right off the bat.
We are all well pleased. Were looking forward to the final product with content.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2006 11:13 Edited at: 22nd Sep 2006 11:15
Hi Guys,

Rick asked people to submit the most serious V103 offender bugs to my personal email, and I would like to report that I received just one. I am only interested in those V103 bugs that clearly where not present in V1, and such clear problems as 'tj990' stated regarding the save feature not saving the room with the supposedly killed enemies inside. The best way to deliver such a report is with a zipped up FPM of the level in question, and a step by step description of what I should do, what you wanted to see, and what you actually saw when you did it. The best ones of course are the FPM levels that prompt an 'error message' in V103, as I can fix these very quickly.

An RC build can be considered the same binary as that which would be released for 'real', unless during the testing showstoppers or critical bugs are discovered. My job here today is to determine if there are V103 specific showstopper bugs, and collect those reports so I can make a change. Anyone that classifies their V103 bug as a showstopper should email lee@thegamecreators.com with the above report and I can then leap into action for you.

On the whole I am happy with the V103 update. It produces faster performance in areas, has more features, fixes a few bugs and does it all without being far removed from the V1 software.

Also, it is worth noting that for reasons of stability, all FPSC source code must be compiled under the original build conditions of U5.9. V101 and V102 where attempts to produce an update under U6.2, which resulted in behavioural and functional differences, and a general lowering of the framerate. We decided to stick close to V1, and make our changes with the original dev setup. Given this, the source code to be released must be compiled with the U59 version of DBP (which means you will need to set-up a seperate compiler environment to do your FPSC source code change work).

"Small, smart, and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom programmers aren't extinct after all "
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2006 11:34
The only bug I have found of note was when I saved the game and reloaded it is the same one tj990 has reported.
Basically,enemies that were dead can be in various states when you load the game back in.
Overall,at least in my case,FPSC seems to run a lot smoother and there doesn't seem to be any major lag problems at this point.
I'm fairly happy with the update.

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Rick asked people to submit the most serious V103 offender bugs to my personal email, and I would like to report that I received just one"

That's gotta feel good.

I do have one slightly off topic request. When the new source code is released, could all the necessary files needed to compile it also be released along with it?

I have Dark Basic 6.2 and the enhacements to compile the newest source, but I can't find the old enhancements.dll needed to compile under 5.9.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom went to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://hyrumark.zftp.com/FPSC/hyrumarkfpsc.htm
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 02:13
I'm loving this save/load.
The GUI is excellent.
Bugs are few and minor so far.

I cleared a room of enemies and then saved.
When I loaded it took 4 health from me.
Don't know why, because I wasn't being shot when I saved, and no one was there to shoot after the load.
Tried this in different locations and I always get -4 health.
No biggie

One load got stuck in the floor.
Had to blow my self up to move.
This has only happened once so far.
No biggie

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
Whyrag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 03:20
This is very very cool ! Lee just slammed that save / Load out of the blue !!!! Now If he can get the storyzone issue fixed as well that would be awesome !!! . That would solve everything I would need. Well, would have to buy more model packs then !.. Thanks Lee ! , whyrag
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 04:06
Good job Lee! Can't wait for the next tidbit from the team!

RF
FPSnut
Years of Service
User Offline
Little prob! game fails to build ctrl+alt+del shows its still running but i went AFK for over 20mins and it didnt build (progress bar didnt even show nothing).
restarted few times and still same inc a complete install of both software and patch ,

something springs to mind, i have not installed any of the prev updates just this 1 with load/save.

any ideas whats up

thanks
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 22:01
I don't think that any of the previous updates are necessary before installing 1.03 RC1.

On another note, is TGC going to release an update to the FPSC manual? I actually read it.

http://www.mk83productions.com http://www.freewebs.com/mk83
Davy B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 13:31
Works ok of me, just 1 thing when you pick up an item then save the game then load game, the item came back and i couldn't pick it up. when will the final version be out?
Szinger
Years of Service
User Offline
Is the "About" screen updated when the 1.03 RC update is installed?

It thinks that it installed, but I'm not getting an indication that it actually happened (like the about screen). Any other way to tell?
Spectre Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Please help me... i can't download this file out here.

To whom not it is difficult, please send this file to me on e-mail: solid_snake666@mail.ru

Sorry fo my english
Lukeirado
Years of Service
User Offline
HAHAHAHA!!! VICTORY! VICTORY! THOSE STUPID USELESS DAYS OF NON-DOWNLOADING SUFFERING ARE OVER!!!!!!!

! Okay, okay, I am done... It finally worked. I will be reporting any bugs that I find sooner or later.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
PocoRev
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2006 02:09
with great anticipation (save-load finally!!), i installed the update only to discover that none of my previously made game levels would build - they would just 'stall' during the build process, requiring a ctrl-alt-del to escape.

i tried repeatedly (5-6 times) with less and less complex (previously made) levels with the same results. finally, in desperation, i threw together a single-room demo and was once again met with a failure to build.

the next time i fired up fpsc, it refused to initialize, stalling at the start screen. once again, ctrl-alt-del was needed to escape the lock-up. i double checked to see if there was another instance running in the background (as is sometimes the case) but found none. all subsequent attempts to start the engine failed.

next, i tried to uninstall the troublesome upgrade, but was unsuccessful, so i tried to 'repair' the install. again it was a no-go.

next, i tried to uninstall fpsc completely via the control panel, but was met with a 'Catastrophic Failure' error screen that refused to let me uninstall.

finally, i had to manually remove the files and then 'regedit' to clean up the remaining traces. even so, the engine is still showing up in my control panel's list of applications, and continues to refuse uninstalling.

after the other recent patches killed my framerate and necessitated a reinstall, i waited until i heard a few success stories before installing this one.... i wish i had waited longer.

my machine specs are:

pentium 4 2ghz
1 gig ram
ati 9800 pro card
windows xp home sp2

everything worked fine before this latest upgrade.

i'll probably check in from time to time to see what's happening in this camp, but i've decided to move my project over to another engine. i don't think fpsc is going back on my pc anytime soon.

good luck with your projects - peace

Professional Atmospheric Skybox Textures
http://skymatter.thegamecreators.com
Cut scenes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2006 03:03
there is no upgrade the downlad is gone

"People are easier to search when they're dead."--Captain Barbosa
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2006 13:20
Quote: "there is no upgrade the downlad is gone"

Only RC1 has gone because it's now out of date and RC2 is available.

What does it say in big bold letters in my first post in this thread?

"Bite my shiny metal ass" (Futurama)
"Don't ping my cheese with your bandwidth" (Dilbert)
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2006 03:14 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2006 03:17
I know I'm getting old, but I can't seem to find a link for RC2. Where is it please?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 17:44:19
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 17:44:19