Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Quartz.lib

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2006 20:57
I everybody i've used Visual Studio 2003 till now but Ive decided to move on to 2005 surprised to say when I try to compile the compiler says it cant find the quartz.lib I've allready search the forums but I haven't seen any solution for this problem so If anyone can help I'd be thankfully!
Profit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2006 21:23
Project properties-> input-> ignore specific library-> add quartz.lib

It's something like that.

common people are walking in line.

Mitsu Fly Ride.
Ashy
Years of Service
User Offline
Philbert has a post on this floating around here somewhere, something about needing the platform sdk? I'm new to the whole c++/gdk scene but I haven't been bothered by the compiler asking for quartz.lib yet and i use visual c++ 2005 express with the DX sdk and the platform SDK, and I haven't needed to manually ignore it either.
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 15:58
Lee says the Platform SDK is needed (which would solve the problem). Although it can be ignored if you dont want thr PSDK.

Come to the last Unofficial DBPro Convention - register interest by Saturday 2/9/06 (http://convention.logicstudios.net/)
Demoing at the last Chichester Convention : Humans On A Planet
jinzai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2006 10:46
I believe that the Platform SDK is not included in the normal install. I would not want to use VC++ without it, however. It is an excellent resource about how the core of 32-bit Windows works. The documentation is about the best MS has. The samples are great...I really like it alot, can you tell?

So, you should be able to install it into your current configuration with no problem, other than all the disk space.
Siolis
Years of Service
User Offline
I get this was quite a while ago but im having the same problem. Where do i get the "Platform SDK" cus i have DirectX 9's SDK in and linked?

Jna99
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2006 00:24
Hi follow this:

1. C++->Code Generation->Runtime Library: Multi-Threaded /MT
2. Linker->Input->Ignore Specific Libraries: libc.lib;ATLS.LIB;D3DX8.LIB;quartz.lib
3. Linker->Command Line: /FORCE:MULTIPLE (Debug Only)
4. General->Character Set: Use Multi-Byte
5. If necessary, specify “WIN32;_DEBUG;_WINDOWS;_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE” for DEBUG build and “WIN32;NDEBUG;_WINDOWS;_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE” for RELEASE build.
Siolis
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "2. Linker->Input->Ignore Specific Libraries: libc.lib;ATLS.LIB;D3DX8.LIB;quartz.lib"

Did that cus someone else said they did, but i would have rather gotten the thing it’s asking for than work around it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-29 04:31:38
Your offset time is: 2024-06-29 04:31:38