Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Runtime error 118

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 00:21 Edited at: 18th Sep 2006 00:22
I have had to reinstall FPSC about two times in the past 24 hours, because of the runtime error.

I installed FPSC, installed update 1.03, installed model pack 3 to the desk top in its own folder and copied the folders, not the patch, to my FPSC folder. When I start FPSC I get the runtime error.

Iam starting to get really annoyed. I have already lost my level for the contest, because an issue with the error screwed up the file, dont ask me how, it just did.

Ive attached the error dialog.

I dont want smart arse replies, as Ive said, Iam already annoyed enough.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 00:32
Love how people are so protective of their work that they don't realize there are hundreds of things others might notice that they don't notice in an error screen.

Okay, first, stop reinstalling FPSC, this is a known bug.
Second, Don't delete the file.
Third, go to testbank and copy the .zip files in that folder. (it may be level bank)

Come back when you have these things, I will attempt to help you recover your map. (Everything but the actual 'map' is stored in the level.zip's)

Wisemen are hard to find, they are tarnished by sayings and quotes that are not of their true nature.
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 00:40
I cant use FPSC at all, because when I load it up, it gives me that error and I have to close it. Iam not a noob to FPSC, I know why the error has happened, Iam just ranting about it because Iam not too happy. Anyway, my level is gone, so I cant back it up, its been deleted.

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 00:50
Works For Me

Free, and can recover from anysize. Not that good at detection though.

FileRecovery services might not work, but it is a start.

Wisemen are hard to find, they are tarnished by sayings and quotes that are not of their true nature.
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 00:53
Thanks Les, but its not that big of a worry, the level wasnt any thing I couldnt remake, I had only just started it. Its the fact I get the error using the model pack 3 models.

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 00:59
Quote: "Its the fact I get the error using the model pack 3 models.
"

didnt they say something about 1.03 that was to keep the textures 'working' for model pack 3?

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 01:07
Ive done a work around. I reinstalled FPSC, installed model pack 3 and then installed the 1.03 update, now it works.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 01:20
Very glad to hear you sorted it Higgins and thanks for posting the problem and fix here.

It will help others probably myself too when I get around to using the Model Pack 3.

Thanks again.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 01:30
I think it only happened due to what I did:

Quote: "I installed FPSC, installed update 1.03, installed model pack 3 to the desk top in its own folder and copied the folders, not the patch, to my FPSC folder."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 13:40:30
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 13:40:30