Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / [DP] Repositioning Character Controller

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 10:58 Edited at: 18th Sep 2006 10:59
Hi again, I´ve gotten pretty far with the control system by now, but I´ve hit (yet another) snag: repositioning the character controller! I need to "teleport" the character to a new position when certain conditions are met, but I have not found any command to allow me to do that - "PHY SET RIGID BODY POSITION obj, x, y, z" freezes the application (which is probably because the character controller is not a rigid body), the regular "position object obj,x,y,z" does not do the job either (it repositions the character, but he seems to be cut out of the physics system after that).

I´ll continue to work on it of course, and report back if I solve it, but I´m asking here because there 1) might be an "easy" solution I´m just missing, or 2) it´s not possible (please no!) or 3) something else

Cheers!
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 11:38
Just delete it and recreate it in the new spot. It's fast and easy

Come see the WIP!
Lani
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm ok, well I was holding off on that since by default I do not like deleting/creating things during runtime, but it´s not anything that would be happening every loop (or indeed very often) so I suppose I´ll just do that - cheers Cash Curtis
bosskeith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2006 23:57 Edited at: 5th Oct 2006 23:59
cash curtis made it short and sweet ...but remember you only have to delete the physics representation of the object...move it then recreate only the physics aspect of it. He probably felt you already know that and i like to state the obvious just in case .

or maybe it is that i just like to see myself type.

edit- sorry did not notice how old the thread was.

Lani
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, I knew that But can´t hurt to write it, since it may not be obvious to someone else reading this at a later date! Thank

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:18:43
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:18:43