Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / small request to TGC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2006 09:57
I don't usually conplain about stuff (yeah, right....) but this new flashy "open-a-pic-in-a-overlay-box" thing is getting me annoyed.

For example, when someone posts a 1024x768 pic of there game, it opens fine; but you then have to scroll down half a page to get to the close button (and the download option). This means you skip posts and then have to scroll back up to get to them.

My request is simply this: move the close button (and download option) to the top of the window, rather than the bottom.

Thanks,
AE

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2006 15:47
I have to agree.

Cant see any advantages of the new system myself - but conversley its a very annoying system having to wait for a seemingly unecessary sequence of unvailling of an image that often does not fit to view and said by AE much of the time the close button is way off screen and not conveniently placed.

Nothing convenient about it at all. Just seems to be a lot of flash (scuse the pun) for nothing more than just the sake of it.

Just a complete nusiance to me at least.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 21st Sep 2006 15:54
Cool....... but not very user friendly.

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2006 16:54
Man other people hate it too?

I thought it was a darn Mozilla update, I had no idea it was the forum! Yes it's very irritating. especially when someone posts a really huge pic. I usually read while I wait for it to load, but now i've got grey hazy stuff all over the screen!

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2006 17:28
Not a big fan of it myself; it was pretty neat at first, but I too (on dial-up here) used to put the window aside while it was loading and read something else.

-Keith

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2006 18:07
Press X (as in the letter X on your keyboard) to close the window, you don't need to scoll anywhere then. The waiting anim only appears for as long as it takes for the image to download, no longer.

"Bite my shiny metal ass" (Futurama)
"Don't ping my cheese with your bandwidth" (Dilbert)
Walking Dead Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2006 18:25
I just right-click on the button and Open in New Tab in FireFox.

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2006 07:16
i hate the new picture system

_Ken sent me

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 13:40:12
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 13:40:12