Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / latest update question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Since updating to the latest update recently released, if I add too many of my custom models, the game shuts down with a debug 0.0 error. anyone else getting this with the update installed?

This didnt happen with version 1. I did extensive testing with all of my entities.

With this problem, I am holding off releasing my pack since I am getting these errors.
CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 22:52
you may wanna let bond1 know he is handling bug's on the new update from what I hear

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 23:57
Stamina,

How many is too many?

I should think Lee is handling all bugs and you should report this in the sticky Update thread where TGC can see it if you have not already done so.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 00:20
my bad uman I saw on the sticky above that bond1 was handling it but I could of read things wrong...

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 01:47
CLiPs,

He may well be?

The Update sticky at the top has some info from Lee regarding bug reports in it and sending the fpm's to him - somewhat difficult for those using custom content as to send anything then the custom content would have to be included for it to show up on another persons computer. Distributing custom content is not always easily possible and can make file sizes very large too so its often not practical or appropriate to do so anyway if the content is in anyway copyrighted.

Stamina,

Debug errors of course have been around for a long time and theres is some info here at the forums about the error but I have no idea if anyone other than perhaps TGC know exactly what causes it? I certainly dont - its not something thats ever caused me personally any agro though I know it seems to crop up a lot with users.

Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
I havent gotten it until I updated. And as far as how many entities? Well, I made a fence and placed 12 of them and it went to debug error. Prior to the update, I have a screenshot with at least 30 of the fence entities in a game.

So seems logical that it has something to do with the update.

It has done it with several other custom entities as well that had never given me a problem.

Maybe someone can find out if it has something to do with milkshape or just the update because I am not hearing too many people complain about this issue. Or even as well, maybe those making custom media could try it and see if they get the same error with too many in a game.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 20:12
Stamina,

Presuming that these are static entities we are talking about I dont know of any reason it should happen I must say.

I have not tried for instance adding many more entities to a level created in V1 to the same level using the V1.03 which I am now using. I dont thus far have any serious problems like this with the version 1.03.

I can only say that I am using it with levels bulit with V1 which have a large propotion of custom media. Entities amounting to 690 in one single level. Some entities have a lot of cloned child entities - I am finding that V.103 handles and renders the levels exactly the same as V1 did - albeit at faster fps. So no errors or problems with me any diifferent to those that may have existed in V1 - expected as this version 1.03 does not and is not intended to fix all V1 bugs or issues. Which is why you may have the debug error which seems to have been around for a long time. Not sure why it may have crept in with you now but you may be correct and it may be due to V1.03 in your case as obviously the V1 code has been changed and updated somewhat which may have caused the error to show up now with you. Whatever its likely its for the same reasons that users got the error in V1 and obviously needs some attention from TGC. I presume Lee may know what causes it and that he will fix it at some stage during any bug fixing purge of FPSC which is still to come.

The only thing I can assume is that your particular entity is of a specific .x file description that for some reason the Update engine does not like.

I only have one suggetion you might use as a test :

You could try backing up your fence entity and replacing it with a default one and see how the engine behaves in an attempt to discover if its just your custom media in particular or media from any source. That should answer that at least and see how you go from there.

One other question if you place your custom entities - say 30+ fence entities in a new empty test level do they cause any problem?

Try the same with a default fence entity if you can find one adding them to the same level might be a good idea?

Any difference?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 15:21:25
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 15:21:25