Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Figured out 1 thing with the door problem I have been having..

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 11:29 Edited at: 24th Sep 2006 11:46
I downloaded and installed the Raptor Production Walls and Floors because I really loved the textures. It's with these that I could not get doors to work no matter what I tried, which is a shame.

I used the segment items that came with FPS and the doors worked just fine, no walls in the middle of them, and no spaces around the door frames. I was just sooooo happy to have rooms that actually connected and *worked*!

Did anyone else have this problem with those packs? If I remember correctly, they had install packages so they auto installed, so I don't think I did anything wrong that way (although I've found if I can screw it up, I will somehow.. :/)but I must have been doing something wrong as the doors would just NOT punch the hole in the walls. Really loved those textures too. :/
Predator boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 18:46
you actually used door entities?

"I'm a lean mean speed thingy!" "What about my womanly needs?" "Send the kids to the neighbors cuz i'm coming back loaded!"
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 19:44
Robh22,

Whats being said is that for a door to work correctly in FPSC as you wish it must be a segment that has three parts : door/frame/punch - the puch part being that which cuts a hole through a wall.

Placing a simple door entity alone just will not work.

Answered.

"I am and forever will be your friend"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 15:11:04
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 15:11:04