Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Uman, you locked my thread but didn't understand what I was saying...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 20:19 Edited at: 24th Sep 2006 21:04
"Robh22,

Whats being said is that for a door to work correctly in FPSC as you wish it must be a segment that has three parts : door/frame/punch - the puch part being that which cuts a hole through a wall.

Placing a simple door entity alone just will not work.

I was not using door entities. I was using the segment doors. What I was saying was the segment doors were not punching through those particular walls, (the raptor floors and walls) and was just wondering if anyone else had that problem with those packages.
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 20:28 Edited at: 24th Sep 2006 20:31
Quote: "I downloaded and installed the Raptor Production Walls and Floors"

ahem, trust me, it's not my fault.

I know there are some problems with placing doors in walls with my pack, it's just a signs 2 thing. Once you get a method down it's easy. just keep trying different things, one will work, then just do that.

sometimes you have to put the door first or second.
Sometimes you have to position it from a different angle (this one works the best).
I'm glad you liked them though .

Visit raptorgames.net for games, movies, and other stuff
I am the only person who runs it. Sign the guest book!
Robh22
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 20:58
I *love* them! And will keep trying.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 21:00 Edited at: 24th Sep 2006 21:05
Robh22,

In FPSC all segments are composed of objects which have special parameters set against them at the time of creation as is the case using the default segment editor available from these forums and or alternatively as specified in their script files

If you open any default segment script in notepad you can see how the parameters read.

In order for custom segments to work correctly they should follow these defaults.

In the case of door segments in particular they are desiged to cut through room segment walls which also have special parameters set against them and so custom walls should also follow the default make up and script parameters.

Given that this is indeed the case and accepting that FPSC can be a bit fussy about the method and order of placement when segment object painting or placement as suggested there is abbsolutely no reason if you follow the rules why a door should not cut through a hole in a wall correctly.

If it does not do so then there is something obviously erronous in what a user is doing. As said many times use a simple test lelevl for solving problems. Problems with doors are usually solved with a little experimentation.

I dont seee why anyone should have a problem with them if segments are correctly made.

Place wall - place door - thats it. Not a lot to go wrong.

I posted some information regarding a similar matter only a day or so ago at the forums.

If you need help you should attach specific info about what you are doing and post a screeen shot showing a room (without ceiling) with an offending door - depicting a 3D perspective view from above the room with the problem position clearly in view.

We really need to see clearly the door/wall and top of walls to be able to help.

Only other thing you could check is to ensure all object parts are located in the correct locations. i.e. A punch cant puch a hole if its not being used.

Hope that helps - glad to see you are still trying.

"I am and forever will be your friend"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 15:13:46
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 15:13:46