Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2006 18:13
I have been to the FPS Files site and found that it has closed and now i can pay for a domain and hosting i was wondering if so of the community wanted to start a new Fps Files Like the original FPS files.

As this is only an idea please do not flame this but i just miss the good old FPS-files when i went to http://fps-files.net/.

So please put your comments i will be monitoring this Thread so i can Reply to you as quick as possible please give me about 5-30 mins to reply.

I do have hosting & i can buy a .org domain .

Please Put Ideas.

Please put if it's a bad idea

Please do not flame i hate flaming even on other people

Was Hi! but Hi! Was gettin a little iritating
Spudling
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2006 19:17
Sorry for kind of Double Posting But can we put our comments and ideas sorry for rushing it but if we are going to do this i dont want to buy domain and then it will be a waste of time and money.

Thanks

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 25th Sep 2006 19:46
Are you asking for help, or if this is a good idea?

Never mind the expense. It's nothing compared to the time and work of maintaining a content site and keeping it fresh and up to date. If it's something you want to dedicate yourself to doing for the community or yourself, then go for it. If you are looking for help, don't rush anybody. Most people just want free stuff and really don't care anything about where it comes from or how it got there.

Just my 2 cents.

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

Spudling
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2006 20:19
Thanks Xplosys.

Yes it is an idea befor i go and buy a domain and i am going to get a programmer ** The programmer that works at my other .org site**

To make an uploading script so you can Upload .ZIP & .RAR only and make it just bigg enough size to stick like Models on.

There will be other Features like Search and stuff.

If the old FPS-files.net owner is still on the forum can u send me an e-mail to nick2killers2002@yahoo.co.uk or add my msn markham_n@hotmail.com.

It would be nice to speak to you and maybe you could help. Also if anybody would like to help towards this please do say.

You can use the two e-mails at the top ** DO NOT send an e-mail to the markham_n as it is full of junk 336 e-mails of it **

Spudling
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2006 16:31
Any More ideas or if its a good idea

Spudling
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2006 23:29
So am i guessing not to do this???

Or Yes i shall do it?

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2006 00:05
I would tell you , if you have a hard skin, don't care if you never hear a thank you go for it.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2006 06:38
I might be able to help with managing the site. I can't make any fancy PHP things or anything (still learning ) but I can manage it if you've already got a system.

My Apps:
Decal Maker
Spudling
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2006 12:08
Ok

I will buy the Domain and Hosting tonight and get to work it will be about 100mb storage but i will might just get domain and shove it on my server then i will put 1 gig storage..

Will that be enough ORR

Even get my hosting THEN put all the files onto a free server which has somethin like 50mb or 5gb i forget which it is i think its 5 GB i will check it out .

Please say if im gettin the wrong end and you all think its a bad idea befor i buy it.

Btw Who was the EX-owned of fps-files.net because we could use that domain as it most probobly is in most peoples Favs already.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 15:17:16
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 15:17:16