Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / My questions about waypoints, scripts

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2006 12:03
Hi all!

Some newbie questions

I put an enemy into the game. I made waypoints. Is it possible to make him go through a door? I mean make him to open it, and continue his way through the open door. How can I do that?

If I reach an 'action zone' I want to appear an enemy and he starts walking in his way (made by waypoints) How can I do that?

My other question:
How can I execute more then one script if I use a switch. (In my game If I use a switch, I want a door to open, and I want to appear an enemy)

Sorry If these questions are answered somewhere, but my mother language is not English. And I tried to search but I didnot find the answers Moreover I'm not a big forum user. I Can't follow new posts every day
I think It is a good idea to make a topic with the most wanted questions or most interesting questions like these.

Regards:

James T. Kirk
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 26th Sep 2006 17:06
1. Enemies don't have the animation (or ability) to open doors.

2. I saw this question answered yesterday. I don't remember who answered it but I just happened to copy what he said.

Quote: "Place your enemy where you want him to appear. Give him a unique name. Set his Spawn at Start to No, his Maximum Spawn to 1 and his Number to Spawn to 1. That takes care of the enemy.

Now place a Trigger Zone where you want the enemy's appearance to be triggered. Put the enemy's name in the ifused box of the trigger zone, and change the main script to PlayerActivateInZone.fpi. The enemy will spawn when the player walks into this invisible zone. Good luck!
"

3. This can be done with one script.

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2006 17:08 Edited at: 26th Sep 2006 17:13
Edit: explosys got first, I'm a slow writer...

Opening the door by switch is simple: Just add a "remote" door (renaming recommended) and switch and add to switch's "if used" space the name of the door. With this and the spawning trick explosys explained you should get the wanted effect

But anyways, there should be plenty of tutorials in the Scripting -area of the forum. Try checking over there and read the manual!
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2006 17:36
Quote: "1. Enemies don't have the animation (or ability) to open doors."

but if you set the doors main script to doorauto, the enemy will at least be able to walk through it!

Captain Kirk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2006 20:37
Thanks You all the help.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 15:14:14
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 15:14:14