Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / making glass effect tiles/textures

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hello , i keep going back to psp with new ideas to try and create glass effect tile for walls, i managed to create transparent areas and holes in walls but no luck in createing an acutal window with tint to create glass effect. is this possible if so what RGB numbers should i use.

transparent seems to be definate, i.e either solid or invisable.
i know its been done with i.e biohazard lab window but i guess its an enitiy thats destroyable.

any tips or tricks would be great, best example in what im trying to create is like a modern alloy shop front window mainly glass with alloy frame

thanks
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2006 01:03
Entities can be transparent or have transparent parts.

Even segments are commposed of entities (x.files so the same applies).

An entity in whole or part is made as transparent via its texture.

Transparency requires 24 bit image plus an alpha channel for the transparent areas. The alpha channel which carries those parts of the image to be transparent will work as Pure Black RGB for 100% transparency so an RGB of 128,128,128 for example would giuve you a 50% transparency. FPSC transparency supports graduated tone transparency so your alpha channel can have any range of tones from black through grey tones to white for full graduated tone transparency effects.

As final images I personally prefer to use .dds files which work well for me.

There should be a lot more info available regarding transparency in FPSC imaging so do a search.

Hope that helps.

"I am and forever will be your friend"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 15:13:06
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 15:13:06