Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Just a couple of questions about FPSC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2006 06:48
i got the trial but i just have a couple of questions:

first, can you health, lives, ect... is all on a different pissition on the screen

second, can you make movies with FPS creator for like points in the game where i wanna show movies.

thirdly, can you make it like half-life 2 graphics like?

fourthly, when you set up online if you make it peer to peer that meens i dont need a server right?

fifthly, can you make it so the user pics a kit like battlefeild 2 at the beginning of the level?

sixly, can you make it so the AI follow you and fire at enemies.

Thats all for now but, sorry if i have poor gramer and spelling..
Evil Star
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2006 13:40
1. In the full version yes

2.nope, but you can make movies in other programs and import them into
fps creator

3.no again...

4. ...and again...

5. ...and again

6. search for sensei ai in the scripts forum (it's sixthly by the way)

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2006 17:04
Quote: "5. ...and again"

And here's where I come in. In Multiplayer, you can sorta do this:
For example, make an MP level, and then choose 4 diffrent characters each with a diffrent weapon. Now, when a user selects that character and spawn, they'll have a diffrent weapon from other people, a 'sorta' kit. Not as expansive as it could be, but...

Another way....
Make a big room, with doors with a script so they start open. They each lead into a small coridor with a teleporter on the end. The player chooses the kit they want (use Signs 2 to add a nice little logo of the kit on the wall) and go inside. Using a trigger marker the door closes behind the player and nobody can come in (may not work in Multiplayer, still expirementing - I know it will take some going back and forth between SP and MP mode in the editor). The player takes there things, then enters the teleporter, which tells the door to open again. The next person takes there stuff....

Lastly...
This one is all scripting. When the player spawns they start in a zone that shows them a menu. Using the new 'scancodekeypressed' command, you may be able to spawn a specific weapon (or set of weapons) for the player. I'm working on this and if I do it it will be in my script pack (Also has character AI, see script fourm)

Okay, I'll be quite now

My Apps:
Decal Maker
Evil Star
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2006 17:56
Thankyou, I don't know much about MP but it sounded complicated so I assumed that Fpsc couldn't do it.

Lordcorm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2006 19:01
Another question is there a way i can take off the blood i dont like realy gory games
Lordcorm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2006 19:42
LOL another question how do you put levels like stairs levels like basement, middlefloor, and upstairs,ect..
bdgbdg
Years of Service
User Offline
I think there is a way of taking off the bloor, but I don't remember how it was, try to do a search.

Use the + and - buttons to go up / down trough your layers. Stairs are on the segments.

Project FPS - 71%
Lordcorm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2006 21:00
Thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 15:13:28
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 15:13:28