Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Nuclear Glory Collision for DGDK coming soon!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2006 22:26 Edited at: 30th Sep 2006 22:27
Hi everyone,

I'm putting the finishing touches to a C++ wrapper that allows you to use the NGC functionality together with DGDK. I will be releasing this for free upon completion so that people can use it on their projects and we don't all keep re-inventing the wheel. You will obviously need to own DGDK and NGC to use it, as it's only a wrapper/invocation shell...

The things is coming along very nicely: I have ported the multi_ellip sample which is running fine. Weh hey!

What I'm asking is for volunteers that own both libraries to help me out by translating the rest of the NGC samples (or at least some of them) so that we can all test it. If you have a DBP+NGC project that you want to convert to DGDK+NGC and give me feedback that would be cool too (you don't need to release the source in this case, BTW).

Please voice your availability to give a hand, and I'll try and upload a working version of the wrapper on this thread this weekend still.

I have vague plans for World Domination
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2006 17:52
Miguel, that's such a good initiative.

Maybe we should look for some volunteers at the DBPro forum or perhaps TGC itself should lend a hand.

Keep on the good work.
EddieB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2006 18:21
NGC already works with dgsdk Over at NG, some have already done it...
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2006 18:34
Oh really? That sounds interesting, I have not found any references to that...
Jna99
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2006 19:24
Quote: "I have not found any references to that..."
Neither have I..
Miguel Melo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2006 00:42 Edited at: 29th Oct 2006 00:44
A week or so ago a chap called Pablo started adapting it for his own thing (not the gdk as we spoke) - I don't think anyone else adapted it so far for use with dgdk.

As it stands, I currently have a working version that I could release. It maps all the functions as you have in dbpro and the brief tests I made both seemed to indicate ellipsoid-to-ellipsoid and ellipsoid-to-mesh are working.

The reason I haven't released it yet is that _picking_ doesn't seem to work (and that was 70% of my requirement ). I have triple-checked my wrapper code and it seems to do exactly what dbpro does - only it won't work. I sent Matthew (a couple of weeks ago) a few samples for him to look at on his side an see what's wrong as I have run out of ideas but he seems to be a bit snowed under at the mo.

If people want to play around with the rest in the meantime let me know and I'll post the "beta" version.

EddieB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2006 00:50
None in public, but we have helped other do it for the sdk
Miguel Melo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2006 00:53 Edited at: 29th Oct 2006 00:53
Ah, ok then. Unfortunately, someone doing it and keeping it for themselves is the same as never having been done to the larger community...

If a tree falls and no-one is around, did it make a sound?

EddieB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2006 15:30
Some one made a huge file for the ng dll, retrieving the addresses to the functions.

Studied the include file with a little help, and then converted. We also recently had someone that got it working with directx on it's own... It can work with any language, you just have to get it right

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 06:28:45
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 06:28:45