Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / quick question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i was looking over a few reviews before i buy this (i have used the demo seems pretty good) but i came over this review http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=131629 the last part under the bad says "Terrible engine
You won't make anything good" is that stuff true? when i used the demo it seems ok graphics could be a bit better but other then that seems ok, what do all of you think?
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2006 06:23
Check out the games and demos offered in the Showcase forum and try the FPSC demo (available on the FPSC downloads page) then make the decision for yourself.
One of the reasons that the fine folks here at TGC let you download the FPSC demo and try it out is so you can see what you think about it before you buy it.

code65
Years of Service
User Offline
i did try the demo like i said in my post, just wanted to see what other people thought about it as well
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2006 19:22
You are the one paying for it.
In the end whether you think it is worth buying or not is the only thing that matters.
If you are looking to make FPS games,don't want to spend a lot of time learning how to program and you have a little patience FPSC is for you.
I know that I ordered this almost immediately after downloading the demo and trying it.

Predator boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2006 19:25
Quote: ""Terrible engine
You won't make anything good""

go download project luna and then shove that in those compouter peoples faces!

"I'm a lean mean speed thingy!" "What about my womanly needs?" "Send the kids to the neighbors cuz i'm coming back loaded!"
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 1st Oct 2006 19:41
Quote: ""Terrible engine
You won't make anything good""

Sounds like the cry of a looser. Out of the box it makes playable games. With some hard work, it can make great games. That's just my opinion.

Quote: "I know that I ordered this almost immediately after downloading the demo and trying it.
"

Same here. It was actually more than I expected right out of the box, but what really excited me was the open-ended format and possibilities. Being able to add your own content, write your own scripts and actions, and create or recreate you own worlds brings many possibilities.

If you want something you will have to put time and effort into to make something great, then it's worth it. If you're looking for a magic program that makes games, then this is not for you. But like FredP says, in the end it's up to you.

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2006 19:52
Go to the Showcase forum and download Fall or the Fireflies.

code65
Years of Service
User Offline
ok thank ya all, im still most likely to buy just wanted to see what you all thought about it, i do want to make fun games and from what i see in the demo it dose make some fun games, anyway thank ya all =D

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 15:16:11
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 15:16:11