Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Newbie Problems or Bugs?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi!

When I create multiple floors. I can actually see the texture from the above floor 'flickering' in the ceiling of the below floor (you understand what I mean?). This happens when I create rooms with doors between... I can see textures from both rooms flickering in boths rooms (hope you understand what I mean ^^)

And if I create physics objects they work fine... but when I add other objects and stuff...some of the previous objects starts speeding around on the floor :S Whats wrong?

Thanks/ Robin
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 1st Oct 2006 17:34 Edited at: 1st Oct 2006 17:36
It is always best practice to leave space between your floors and rooms.

If you are creating two levels which share the same platform as floor and ceiling, and you try to give each one a different texture, you will have this problem. If you need a different texture for each, go down an extra floor so that there is a level between the two.

The same thing goes for walls. If you need a different texture on two walls that are back-to-back, create a hallway between them or otherwise leave a space between the two walls.

Also, not every floor or wall texture will have this problem. Some are closely enough alligned that you see no distortion. Sometimes, it can also be affected by your video card, depending on the chip type and amount of memory on board.

Hope that helps. Happy game making.

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 15:14:27
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 15:14:27