Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I was thinking of having a go at FPS Creator, although im not sure
Im a UT200X modder and can do pretty much anything .
So i thought id ask some questions -

1.) I have Maya 7 Unlimited and can Model, animate and rig what format would i export to? do each animations need to be in a diffrent file? What file do i put my models/textures/animtaions.

2.) What is the scripting like and how easy for a C++ scripter to make a new weapon in this program?

Thanks
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2006 18:44
1) Export to Direct X, I'm not sure about Maya, but in Milkshape I export to Direct X JT.

2) The scripting is pretty easy - condition->action. As for weapons, you can copy one of the orignals to a new folder (in the weapon section of the gamecore folder) and change the settings in a text file called 'gunspec.txt'. It's kinda limited, but for the most part, should do what you want. I beleive there is a tutorial for weapons in the Models and Meida board.

My Apps:
Decal Maker
Myles
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool thanks,

Yeh i use DarkBasic Pro and i had Direct X files exported with animations and textures.

So what about Animations? do i have a diffrent Direct X file for fire, reload, idle? or do i give FPS Creator a Frame time so like
Fire - 1-10, Reload - 11-20, Idle - 21-30?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 15:15:11
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 15:15:11