Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How do I change the texture-size when the segment makers dosnt have this option?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 3rd Oct 2006 04:28
Strange.. Very strange that those segment making programs dosnt have a texture scaling option. Does People here belive that all textures has the perfect size for FPSCs segments? To scale a texture it has to be seemless, but most textures works fine to scale. Thats why I think it is crazy that We dont have this option, yet! I have seen many games with horrible texture scaling! Not the Developers fault ofcourse, its because We dont have the option to scale it..
Does anyone know a program that can scale seemless textures, I mean a paint-program or something? (Photoshop dosnt work for this.) Or am I wrong, does it exist a segment maker with a scaling function?

I want to see a FPSC Professional! And lets make it REALLY expensive this time......
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2006 08:58
Not really sure what all your saying here Love. You talking about say...having a brick texture....but once in game the bricks look to huge to be belivable? If thats what your talking and I'm not even 50% sure you are. Paint shop pro scales seamless textures so you can paint with them. This is kinda their version of "define pattern" from PS except its allot easier to scale since its done with a slide bar. Any mage youve got open your able to scale and paint/fill like this. I use an old version of psp(7) so I know all the new ones would.

Not sure if this is what ya ment but hope it helps.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2006 10:57
LOL! I am... Sorry for My bad English though, (I havnt been written in English for a month. Whos fault is that?) But You did understood what a meant.. In some games I have seen building bricks that are just huge, and they shourld be at least ten times smaller! And the size scaling isnt the only problem, theese bricks are half as long as they shourld be as well.. It wourld be a dream to have a streach option inside the segment makers, so You can see direct the finished result..
By the way, I better also take a second look at PS to see if I was wrong about scaling in photoshop...
Anyway, thanks for the info about Paint shop pro...

This is one thing We courld ask for when it is X-mas....

I want to see a FPSC Professional! And lets make it REALLY expensive this time......
Lon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2006 16:20
For now you'll have to scale it yourself. For instance, if your texture is a 256 X 256 brick pattern, combine 4 of them into a 512 X 512 and apply the texture to the segment. Since segments are square, the texture gets applied relative to fit.

Lon

[url=http://webpages.charter.net/lflicking/]
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2006 03:13
I courld figure that out myself Lon.. The probs starts when You have to scale a texture x15! Thats a huge job for only one texture! And even worse if You have to stretch the texture horizontal or vertical. All this scaling and stretching inside PS will also make the quality of the texture mutch lower than if You courld strech it in realtime 3d. (Inside the Segment Creator..) I cant belive that those Segment Makers dont have this option. There is alot of Segment Makers but none of them has this scaling,strech,move tool! I had contact with the Guy that makes Signs (Segment Editor.) He was intrested of this option, and I really hope that SignsIV has the Scaling,Stretch,Move Options.. I will buy it if it has! Thats for sure...
(But why cant TGC update their version with these basic options???)

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2006 04:10
Quote: "For instance, if your texture is a 256 X 256 brick pattern, combine 4 of them into a 512 X 512 and apply the texture to the segment."

For some things I actually make my texure 256x256 rather than 512x512. I do it mostly for things that have too little detail to notice the diffrence, or for things that aren't the most immediently viewd - example, a tower HIGH in the sky, you don't get too close for it.

Want FPSC content? Click Here!
Want to get your content there? Send us an e-mail!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 15:22:06
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 15:22:06