Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Adding background music to a specific lvl

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2006 07:19 Edited at: 4th Oct 2006 14:57
I am wanting to add original music to a particular level. I tried using a soundzone and it plays the entire song but the further the player gets from that zone the quieter the song gets. I am wanting the music to loop (visual statement) overhead.

Is there another route I am supposed to take or am I missing steps in route I have taken? Any input would help. I did a search on "music" and the majority of the posts were people giving away music or wanting opinions. Please also understand that the format and bitrate are not the issue. Thanks.
Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
To add a BGM/sound effect to a level simply go to File>Build Game. From the next window select "Level Settings" and next to the "Global Script" is a "Edit"-button. Press this, and it opens up a level settings list, the very first being "Music". Just write the location of your soundfile here, or open it up. It's recommended to have the needed soundfiles ready in the /audiobank/user -folder.

Also, try checking the manual!
Lon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2006 20:22
Yes that would work, but that would make the same music play for every level in your game. I think what you want is different music for each level or area of a level. To do this you have to use a soundzone. Stretch the soundzone to encompass the portion of the level you want the music to play in (the whole level if you wish) then assign the Musicinzone.fpi to the zone. this will play the music file specified in SOUND0 field for as long as the player
is inside the zone associated with this entity and it will loop and not fade.

Lon

[url=http://webpages.charter.net/lflicking/]
drew4663
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Lon

You are correct. I want specific media played per lvl. I was unaware you could stretch the siz of the sound zone. I do not know how to do this and will find out unless you are willing to share with me right now how to do so. Otherwise, thank you.

@ Doggy

Although your information was not what I needed for this situation it was still good information for future reference. Thank you.
Lon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2006 21:50 Edited at: 4th Oct 2006 21:51
If you hold down the Shift key when you place them, you can stretch them over larger areas and even across layers. See the attached keyboard function list you can use the up layer down layer keys to stretch it up and down.

Lon

[url=http://webpages.charter.net/lflicking/]

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Prince
Years of Service
User Offline
You can stretch the zones by holding shift and left click, release shift and drag it while holding down LMB. To stretch it to different layers hold shift and use +/-

Hope that helps
drew4663
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2006 22:49 Edited at: 4th Oct 2006 22:50
@Prince

That is awesome information. It worked like a charm. Last question regarding this situation. Lets say I have three floor levels and I have the soundzone start on the first floor and I want it played through out the second and third floor. Does expanding the soundzone only expand on that floor? Will the player be able to still hear the music if he/she goes upstairs to the third floor? I hope that makes sense. Let me know if I need to clarify/specify what I mean. Thank you guys.
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2006 00:15
thats what they meant by moving up layers. you can stretch in the same way as you can left and right, by moving up and down with the
+
and
-
keys.

drew4663
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh sorry...somehow I missed that. Thank you for pointing that out to me a second time.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2006 02:05
Also, if you edit the setup script to remove the refrence to the music, you can make at trigger zone at the begining of each level that starts the music. The music is deleted before the next level begins, so you can do the same for each level

Want FPSC content? Click Here!
Want to get your content there? Send us an e-mail!
drew4663
Years of Service
User Offline
Couple problems. I am using the +/- and it does go up or down the layers but I still have audio distant issues. The music is not as loud as where the soundzone is placed. Also, whenever I turn left or right in certain areas it will play only through right or left speaker. The sound wave is a mono file.
Anyone else experience these problems?
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2006 06:00 Edited at: 30th Oct 2006 06:52
dude,

just use the music action in a script instead of using the sound action.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2006 14:11
Actually you can make a soundzone and use the script repeatsound.fpi and it will play the song through the whole level until you leave the level.

drew4663
Years of Service
User Offline
There is still a volume difference from the point of origin. As well as the sound will sometimes only come through on my left or right speaker when turning around. I am not trying to bust anyone and their advice but I know I am following the directions to a "T" but it's just not doing what I am wanting.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 17:48:12
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 17:48:12