Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / [DP] Controller Position

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2006 13:04
I haven't played with DP for very long just yet, because I've had my hands full with other things to do. Work and such. And when I did try to play around with a very small and simple character controller system, I immediately ran into a problem.

This problem may be caused by my abysmal ineptitude or incompatibility with the format of the reference guide... Or it could be an actual problem.

Anyway, I haven't found a simple way to place a non-physics object on the position of the controller. As the controller object numbers are separated from other objects, "object position x" and similar commands don't work. This is logical, of course - but is there another way to do the same things?
Lani
Years of Service
User Offline
Could you post a sample code please, as I´m not quite sure what you mean?
entomophobiac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2006 18:52
I don't have my code here, as I'm away from home for a few weeks, but I could try and illustrate what I mean.

1: I load the object that will represent the character.
2: I create a controller.
3: I set up the input system to control the controller.
4: I want to position the character object where the controller is, and angle it in the right direction, but as I have no way of checking the position of the controller using the object commands, this is where it all fails.

So what am I supposed to do, here? Connect the object to the controller somehow?
bosskeith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2006 23:43 Edited at: 5th Oct 2006 23:48
yes when you create it.

i should have used a better word than character for the variable ...in the ide the black and blue seperate it in here it is all same color but i think you can tell which one is the variable

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 23:28:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 23:28:00