Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Ragdolls - stopping parent/child colliding - NEED HELP!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2006 00:29
How do you stop two bodies from colliding, ie how do you let them intercect?

It seems to be doing it on the ragdoll demo, where the lower arms don't intercect with the upper arms, but I can't find the command that does it...

Any ideas?

Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2006 10:25
You need to assign your objects to groups using the command "phy set rigid body group" This command takes two parameters - the object ID and group number. You can then determine how these groups react to each other on collision by calling the command "phy set group collision" This commands takes three parameters - the first group, the second group and the state. A state of 0 will disable collision between the groups whereas a state of 1 will enable collision.
Chris K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2006 13:04
Sweet.

Merci.

Chris K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2006 00:02
Wait a sec...

That works, but it's a pretty lame solution.

That means I have to have a different group id for every limb of every ragdoll in the game - otherwise limbs will intercect their 'parents' in other ragdolls.

Also, that's not how it's done in the Ragdoll demo...
Is that just poorly coded? And they are actually colliding, just being held together by their joints?

Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2006 00:36
Just a guess as I dont use DP, but have you tried limiting joint movement?

Chris K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2006 12:33
Yeah I'm doing that. The problem is you don't want it to pick up collision between the skin and the thigh, because they will always be intercecting at the knee (so that there are no gaps in the ragdoll).

I'm just going with the thousands-of-groups technique for the moment. Would be easier if there was a phy group exist() command...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 06:51:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 06:51:51