Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Before i get this i have one question...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
most games i have seen appear dark and room based...well you can make it bright and outside in like a field or something right? im geussing yes...

(if your wondering why i want a big open area...its because i intend to make a game with Halo like level design ...only less complicated... and not a copy of halo. i just mean like you can be fighting in corridors when all of a sudden your out in a snowy area or a green field.fighting.

Beware the mongoose of death
savage freak
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes you can...
But you will have HORRIBLE lag if you make it to big...
(unless you have a superduperPC with 900TB Ram memory...)

Current project: RLD
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2006 20:50
You can, I've done it works fine, if you stick to a simple rule. Check my website for Commander Josh and the landscape packs.

The simple rule is, if you use a large open space, don't let more the 4 enemies walk on it at once. Ohterwise you game will not run anymore. FPSC allows to use spawned enemies that appear when the player walks into a trigger zone. Also you can put some buildings on in outside level. Place most of the enemies in the buildings and just a few outside.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2006 20:52
Sadly there is a lag if you make a big level. I hope they fix that someday

hhmmmmm........ hi
sonicboom 208107
Years of Service
User Offline
ok. That will still work for me. Then if they ever do make an update i will be the first to get it Hmm. actually even though it is limited it still MAY come in handy. I think i have an idea...

Beware the mongoose of death

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 15:11:18
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 15:11:18