Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / No Frills Segment Creator

Author
User Deleted
Posted: 7th Oct 2006 14:13 Edited at: 7th Oct 2006 16:07

"It's fantasticly basic!"

Hello people, I was using a cut down version of this program to help speed up my segment creation, but I've made it more sturdy and decided to release it to the masses. As the name implies, it grants a rather basic level of control. Its strength is speed and ease of use. here are some of the features:

> Automatic script generation
> Automatic image resize and conversion
> Supports BMP/JPG/DDS images
> Automatic icon creation

The Zip attached comes with a readme.txt file which gives a step by step guide on the whole process of segment creation, for your convenience i have pasted it here:

Thank you for downloading the No Frills Segment Creator. The No Frills Segment Creator is designed to quickly convert custom textures into FPSC ready segment pieces.

How to use the software:

1. Click the "Browse Wall Texture" button and select a suitable wall texture for your segment.

2. Click the "Browse Floor Texture" button and select a suitable floor texture for your segment.

3. Enter a name for your segment ( A-Z 0-9 characters are safest )

4. Click the "Compile Segment" button to start the creation process, during which you will need to locate your FPS Creator folder when prompted.

A message will inform you when the process is complete. Your new segment piece will now be FPSC ready and available to select from the segment library within the "No Frills Segments" section.

I will leave with this note, if your after something that will help you get your custom textures into your game quickly, then this program is for you. If however, your after more control and variety, then there are other great segment creators out there, with plenty of features.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2006 09:35
Wetham,
Thanks for donating this to the FPSC community.

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2006 07:44
Seems to work ok. I did have one wall come out with a lot of pixels on it.
And would be nice if it remembered the FPSC path after browsing to it the first time.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 15:51:16
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 15:51:16