Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How can i get red blood ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all,

i use the FPS Creator 1.0.0.
if i shoot a soldier, i get only green blood to see
how can i get it in red ? can you tell me please what to do.
sorry abour my bad english, because i am german and are a newcomer
in this section.
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2006 12:13 Edited at: 10th Oct 2006 12:13
Sorry but to comply with German law / rating restrictions we had to change the blood colour on the German version. Although I (legally) cannot, I am sure someone here can tell you how to modify the textures back to 'red' again

"Bite my shiny metal ass" (Futurama)
"Don't ping my cheese with your bandwidth" (Dilbert)
DJ Professor K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2006 12:47 Edited at: 10th Oct 2006 12:50
Well, it isn't that hard to do

It has been posted here how to remove blood, but now to change it's color, won't be that hard.

You have to locate the blood textures, they should be in TGA format, all you need next is to edit them in any photo editor.

But remember, if you're going to sell your game in germany, you aren't most likely allowed to use red blood, or sometimes, to use blood at all.

I can help you making red blood, but you'll have to wait until the weekend.

EDIT: Just to add: I cannot give you my version of red blood (the default one from my FPSC), becouse legally, but like i said, i can help you make a new one

My love is seperated in 2 parts, 1 of them is 3ds Max 7, the other; FPSC.
cooler piet
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks all,

i found now the file, but i cant change the colour, can somebody post me please the file FPS Creator\Files\gamecore\decals\blood

m_neumann9@yahoo.de
GIR UNIT
User Banned
Posted: 11th Oct 2006 08:24 Edited at: 11th Oct 2006 08:27
Whats wrong with the red blood it seems to me that oh nvm!

"I wanna be a mongose"
For free FPS stuff go to www.freewebs.com/fpsfreestuff
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2006 10:39
Quote: "i found now the file, but i cant change the colour, can somebody post me please the file FPS Creator\Files\gamecore\decals\blood"

I believe someone has stated that for legal reasons they cannot send you that.
However,you can find Decal Maker (in the Showcase forum) and use it to make the blood decal that you want and put it in whatever folder you wish.
Or you can wait until DJ makes you some blood.
I still recommend getting Decal Maker.Eventually you will use it.
While I am thinking about it I am almost sure there are some blood decals in the Models and Media forum.

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2006 01:35
I has an Idea.

download the demo version that has red blood in it, then copy the files from the demo, into your full version. I'm genious.

Your signature has been erased by a mod
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2006 21:31 Edited at: 15th Oct 2006 21:32
I know I have horrific spelling, typically making spelling mistakes that are easy to see and correct. But seriously, the grammer, the spelling, it is worse then my own. What has happened to this world! (and, no, I am not talking about the foreign posters)

Oh, and as a note, one has to wonder why Germany would not allow 'red' blood. Hmm... I wonder if the German Police arrest those who bleed, perhaps they are wrong for displaying gore to the public. Or perhaps, the geman people fear those who bleed red...

I'm sorry, the law is just insane. No red blood, but green blood is okay? Too comical.

Wisemen are hard to find, they are tarnished by sayings and quotes that are not of their true nature.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
I couldn't agree more about the censorship laws. Germany has a lot of content laws that add hurdles for game developers. No red blood, no electrocution, no nazis to name a few.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2006 02:52 Edited at: 16th Oct 2006 02:58
Quote: "Germany has a lot of content laws that add hurdles for game developers. No red blood, no electrocution, no nazis to name a few. "

No Nazis???
Well, that is just Politically discriminatory.
Or is it they are still Nazi's and are getting tired of getting shot in all the games?

Watch out for those gold bars then because they say NAZI on them.
I guess the German version has no WWII media. How could you make a WWII game without Nazis?

Good thing I sell my games here in a free country.
If a German downloads my game then that is them breaking the law in Germany and not me breaking any law here.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " guess the German version has no WWII media. How could you make a WWII game without Nazis?"

If you look at the SS Officer, you'll notice he just has a red arm band with no swastica.

I'm not sure if the tiny swasticas on the badges, lockers, etc are in the German version or not. I suspect it has much to do with publishing/importer decisions and how much liability they want to take on as to how strict development is. As I've been told, any nazi paraphanelia/symbols are prohibited including swasticas, ss lighting bolts, death-heads, etc.

Aside from wolfenstien, I don't know of many games with emphasis on Nazis. Most center on conflicts with the "regular" German forces. You'll also notice a lot of the big WWII console games use dust puffs instead of blood to avoid region-speciffic changes and dodge "M" ratings by the ESRB.
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2006 05:26
Quote: "Good thing I sell my games here in a free country."

The USA isn't free. Who decides if we go to war? 15% of america? and then if it is 'big' enough that 15% can force 25% to fight for a war they don't want.

Wisemen are hard to find, they are tarnished by sayings and quotes that are not of their true nature.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2006 06:16 Edited at: 17th Oct 2006 07:01
Quote: "The USA isn't free. Who decides if we go to war? "

Theoretically, it's free with its constitution granting freedom of speech and press, and expression, etc..
The freedom of Religion that exists here is real.
But, as you mention, corruption has turned our political system into corporate puppets.

Without getting into a political debate, which was not my intention, I'll just say you are right.
There is no freedom where any laws exist, which means no country is truely free.

We are talking about using the real color of blood (red) which nature chose not us.
I'm not talking about why nations go to war for real, or any political statistics.
I'm talking about making a video game.
What's next? No real guns in the FPSes. Get your water pistols out!
Its preposterous, but its their country so they can do what they want.
In this country we can have red blood in a game, and thats free enough for me on that subject.

@TGC
Is that all shades of red that are restricted?
Do they base it off the RGB since it is a law pertaining to computer data used for images?
I was just wondering how precisely the restriction on the "red" was defined.
There are purples, tans, and even yellows that have a higher R value than G or B in the RGB triplet.

@cooler piet
Stick with a dark blue or something so it has a higher B value than R.
Blood is a purplish blue in the vains before it is exposed to lots of oxygen anyway.
That would be semi-real but should be legally considered blue if the B is the highest value.
That should keep the GameStopO from coming after you for using purple or yellow blood that has a RGB combo with R having the highest value.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
Gamz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2006 22:48
Erm, WHY is it illegal exactly?

/.,.\-Meh? Everyone loves fat penguins!
((_ _)) Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2006 02:10
Because they are wierd.

Lol, I'm not sure, I myself think it is a very wierd law and never really understood it. Cause when you think about it, if they are doing it because some people don't like gory games, well then why don't those people simply not play it?

I myself do not see how green blood helps, if it is still blood.

Want FPSC content? Click Here!
Want to get your content there? Send us an e-mail!
GIR UNIT
User Banned
Posted: 19th Oct 2006 03:47
Germany rocks in a lot of things and game design IS NOT one of them way many restrictions to them if you want to see them go to this link-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_controversy

an example a new game is comming out and the german version (it has aliens in the U.S one) is going to make it so you killing different things

"I wanna be a mongose"
For free FPS stuff go to www.freewebs.com/fpsfreestuff
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2006 04:13
aside from this law, have you seen how many confusing laws there are, including in the U.S.?

that's just weird that green is allowed but not red.

DJ Professor K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2006 11:40 Edited at: 19th Oct 2006 11:42
The no gory games and sometimes animations (small movies released on Germany) are becouse some countries from Europe and the US are afraid germany regains some crazy psychos and re-create a new group like Nazis (no offense to those ho like Nazis, i don't have anything against them or any other groups, SINCE i don't know the full story from them, just the little we learn on sckool, and we don't realn almost a thing) or some crap like that.

So the less violence for the kids, the "better" education they can have.

At least it was somethin like that, that my german teacher told us.

I really don't care why they have that law, but, germany isn't the only country with strange laws, US also has some strange lows, UK 2, and many otehr countries AND what my german teacher told me, might really be his own idea, and not the reality.

(And people say we're in a free world huh?)

Anyway, Cooler Piet, i'm sorry i still don't have the new blood decal made, i was busy with the octs. contest, but right now (day 19) i see it's impossible for me to finish it :/ so that means, today and tomorrow i'll work on the blood decal, and at saturday i should upload it here.

Peace.

My love is seperated in 2 parts, 1 of them is 3ds Max 7, the other; FPSC.
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2006 18:06
...doubt if he needs it, at this point...

Seth Black

"...I'm sorry, could you repeat your question a little louder? I'm a trifle deaf in this ear."

- Willie Wonka
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 19th Oct 2006 18:41
So US is a free contry? Its ok when a person blow up someones head, or cut bodyparts off, but a nude body in American TV is sutch a crime!!!
At least You wont die of it.... (But Im from Sweden, Sooooo...)

I want to see a FPSC Professional! And lets make it REALLY expensive this time......
empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2006 19:45 Edited at: 19th Oct 2006 19:46
There's no law in Germany that forbids (too much) red blood in games, it's just that you could get in trouble with the age rating system and end up with a game that you can't sell to people under 16 or even worse under 18. It's pretty much the same as with nudity in the USA .
It's a silly restriction none-the-less. Just watch your average German TV channel (and there are plenty of them), and there's more violence and blood than you can poke a stick at.

An anecdote: When the game "Gothic" (developed in Germany) was to be released in the USA they changed two things: 1) put more blood in, 2) took nudity out.

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2006 01:11
anyone find my suggestion useful?

"If it weren't for monsoor here, this town wouldn't be here, and that kid would never grow up to lie about texas!"
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2006 05:49
@Zaibatsu,

Greetings. Your solution was the simplest of all. It's what I would have done, if I needed the file.

Thanks,

Seth Black

"...I'm sorry, could you repeat your question a little louder? I'm a trifle deaf in this ear."

- Willie Wonka
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2006 11:06
Reminds me of Carmageddon, back in the '90s. In the UK, the peds had green blood, but you could download the "blood patch", or get it free on magazine cover CDs.

It wasn't illegal, they just wanted a lower age rating on the product.

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2006 01:21
Quote: "Reminds me of Carmageddon"

I liked that game. I still have Carmageddon64...

"If it weren't for monsoor here, this town wouldn't be here, and that kid would never grow up to lie about texas!"
Savage Mind
Years of Service
User Offline
It's kinda funny I pre-ordered Half-Life and purchased a German Copy as well. There was absolutly no difference in blood content with either one. hmmm... how old is this law?

No matter where you go, there you are!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 17:45:50
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 17:45:50