Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Rasta read! Is FPSpack Still free?

Author
User Banned
Posted: 11th Oct 2006 08:19
Is the old old old, ect version still free like the first post for it or can you just post it here please?

"I wanna be a mongose"
For free FPS stuff go to www.freewebs.com/fpsfreestuff
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2006 10:42
The lite version of FPSPack is no longer available.
If you wish to get FPSPack you will have to pay for it.
RastaMan may offer the lite version in the future but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Davy B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2006 11:50
Nor me, i just bought it.
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2006 23:38 Edited at: 11th Oct 2006 23:38
I was thinking about getting FPS Pack, Fred I know that you got it, is it worth it?

The only thing that is turning me away a bit is the de-compression time, is the ammount of compression adjustable?

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2006 00:21
It IS DEFINETLY WORTH IT. There you go

You can change the compression level, higher or lower, higher means lower size but slower load time at begining, and lower means it takes more space but has a faster load time. You can even have it customize controls, play music, show a splash screen, show a video, serial key protection - it's worth it.

Want FPSC content? Click Here!
Want to get your content there? Send us an e-mail!
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2006 02:12 Edited at: 12th Oct 2006 02:12
ok, i just bought it, how long does it take for you to get the e-mail with the download instructions?

the only thing I got so far was a sales recipt from pay pal.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2006 03:33
Give it a day or two

Want FPSC content? Click Here!
Want to get your content there? Send us an e-mail!
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2006 03:47 Edited at: 13th Oct 2006 00:29
ok, because on the site it said "you can now download right away after buying, you are sent an e-mail right away"

or something like that, it got me worried that it was a scam, or paypal glitched, again.

edit: WooHoo!!!

It came today!

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2006 02:48
Is FPSPack compatible with the new V1.03 Save/Load feature?
I thought someone said it wasn't.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2006 02:51
As far as I know.
I haven't done nearly as much testing on it as I would like, though.

Davy B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2006 09:44
No, heres why.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=90989&b=21

The one and only Davy B
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2006 20:36 Edited at: 15th Oct 2006 20:39
Quote: "IS DEFINETLY WORTH IT. "

Definatly not.

Anything it does you can do with scripts or free external software (no, I am not supporting MM, infact I abandoned that project, but, it will still change key values (at least)). On top of that, the exe compression scheme can be done for free.

http://www.chilkatsoft.com/ChilkatSfx.asp

But as an all in one program for the noob (see n00b is different then noob). It is great, makes it easy to do what you want and all that stuff.

Small Notice: RastaMan, every other version of your software keeps forgetting to protect the pkzip feild, subsequentally allowing me to run winzip on it and extract it (yes, it is still encrypted)... sometimes.

Large Note: RastaMan considers it piracy if you post any past 'free' versions he may have had. He has threaded legal action against those who do, so, be warned.

Wisemen are hard to find, they are tarnished by sayings and quotes that are not of their true nature.
ally
Years of Service
User Offline
I just purchased this pack with hope that it will be patched soon for the savegame feature.

@ $19.95 I feel that such an encyption tool, however limited, is desperately needed and worth the price to continue it's development. It would be great if The Game Creators took note of the level of support for Rastas' product and added such encryption/paking features into FPSCx10!
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2006 05:59
It would be nice if RastaMan upgreaded FPSPack to work with the newer versions of FPSC.

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2006 07:38
Les Horribres chilkatsoft works pretty good for that. just can't use the save/load game part if they delete the temp file it is gone.

MY FPSC FILES
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 28th Dec 2006 16:14 Edited at: 28th Dec 2006 16:15
After reading the workup on the chilkatsoft program, it doesn't seem to do the same thing at all. It was my understanding that FPSPack extracted the game contents to a temp folder from which it was ran, and then deleted the contents upon ending the game, which is why it won't work with the Save/Load feature and offered some level of file protection.

The chilkatsoft program just creates exe files from zip which can be extracted to a temp file and then installed from there. Your program won't run from the temp file as it will with FPSPack. That means that once the exe installs your program, it's in the open. The data is only encrypted before you install the program.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2006 01:00
To anyone else wanting to purchase - Do not buy...
The product, for me, is buggy as hell. I tried to contact Rastaman for support. "Ill do some checks myself". I probably bought this about a year and a half ago. I didnt hear from him ever again. As Les says, it can all be done, without FPSpack. And now, of course, you cant use saves with it. Don't bother with it - It may be cheap (To working folks) but not to the younger generation using FPSC. Even if Rastaman were to release a new version that supports saves, I still wouldn't buy it...
Be warned...
Yours,
Dan.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2006 01:16
I have had some issues with the product...like the .exe encrytion option but for making demos and stuff and packing them it works okay.
However,I mainly used FPSPack (and bought it) for the options it gave you.
I have found that due to poor (or maybe no) customer service and the inability or lack of desire of RastaMan to upgrade and make improvents to FPSPack that I will have to go with a different game loader.
Candles has pointed out a couple to me and Rizla is making one.
It's a shame.
FPSPack started out decent.RastaMan's refusal to update/fix his product and provide any customer service forces me to agree with Dan on this one...
Until FPSPack works properly with FPSC and the seller improves on service this is basically a "don't purchase".

Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2006 01:24
The thing is, if I was a middle aged, standard working Joe, I wouldnt waste my precious spare time offering help to randoms around the world, just from a bit of extra pocket money I was getting, to be honest... It's just a fact that most people wouldn't do it. For example, you wake up at 8 in the morning, work from 9-5. You wouldnt want to use up those 6 hours before sleep helping people for £10/$20. Of course, it would probably make the product a lot more successful, and prevent threads like this, affecting sales, but I'm sure Rastaman isn't that bothered. It's a fact of life - Nearly everyone is the same, and I for one (And £10) dont hold it against him.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 23:26:03
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 23:26:03