Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSpack bug with save and load game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2006 01:56
Just made a quick game with the load and savegame options, then pack it with FPSpack 3 into one exe file. played and saved the game. I exit it then reopened it back up, went to load game but my saving was gone.

The one and only Davy B
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2006 02:01
That's not a bug, that's the way FPSPack is created at the moment, it was made for FPSC v1.0. Perhaps we'll see an update that will allow FPSpack also to be used with v1.03.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2006 02:07
Prehaps FPS pack could copy the contents of the save folder when it exited the game, and then paste them into the new FPSC game that is placed by FPS Pack when someone plays again? I should e-mail rastaman about that...

Want FPSC content? Click Here!
Want to get your content there? Send us an e-mail!
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2006 03:28
Yeah FPSPack puts everything in a temp folder while you play... When you finish playing it deletes that folder, including your save games...

My game is so near completion and for now I can't distribute it with FPSPack... Hopefully Rasta will make a quick fix for this...

'Dawn of the Fallen Angel' coming soon(ish)...
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2006 03:49 Edited at: 13th Oct 2006 03:50
another thing you could do is put each level into a different .exe and make a menu and password system, it's actually quite simple, i did it with other .exe's that I had.

I did this using another program I have, if anyone wanted I could try to make it.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2006 05:18
I DISPISE passwords. Utterly DISPISE. And all my other methods can't use FPS Pack...

Want FPSC content? Click Here!
Want to get your content there? Send us an e-mail!
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2006 07:05 Edited at: 13th Oct 2006 07:10
why don't you like passwords?
I was just suggesting that because I could do that, this is also how I was going to link fpsc with the 3D gamemaker programs.

by the way, i just e-mailed rastaworld with a link to this thread to see if they could do something about this.

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2006 10:01
Quote: "another thing you could do is put each level into a different .exe and make a menu and password system, it's actually quite simple, i did it with other .exe's that I had.

I did this using another program I have, if anyone wanted I could try to make it."

Please, that's to much hassle now and will take way to much space. We've got real load and save now and don't want to use these tricks anymore. I did it also with my Commander Josh game, since it was released with v1.0, but it seems rediculous to do that now with a new game, when we have real save & load.

Also the size of a game will be a huge issue if you do it that way. TGC has given use the perfect save & load features, all Rasta needs to do is update his application to work with it.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Davy B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2006 01:33
Just checked out the http://www.rastaworld.com/ website, there is going to be there version soon.

The one and only Davy B
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2006 07:24
Quote: "Just checked out the http://www.rastaworld.com/ website, there is going to be there version soon."

yes but it doesn't specifically say it will address the save/load issue...

'Dawn of the Fallen Angel' coming soon(ish)...
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2006 09:14
Rastaman is constantly updating FPSPack.
There's no guarenteehe will address the save/load issue and if he does it might involve FPSPack installing the game or at least the save on a pc instead of the way it runs now.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 16:02:04
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 16:02:04