Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / W.C.S. V1 Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2006 22:50 Edited at: 17th Nov 2006 03:21
Hey guys,

I know its been quite some time since W.C.S. EA has been released, and V1 should have been out by now, but it seems like as soon as i sit down to work on it, i get swamped with other things to do, and for this, i offer my apologies.

I will have some time in the next couple of days, and i would like to finish up W.C.S. some time in the next 2 weeks, so i need all of your feedback now.

There are some bug reports such as the vweap problem that i have already fixed. I am also aware of the inoperation of the side view for the Screen shot to work.

I would like to know from the users what they would like to see in Version 1 of W.C.S. or what didnt work for them n EA so i can fix it, or re-write it altogether to make it work.

On a side note, i have 2 or three half finished applications in progress right now that have also suffered from the same problem ive had working on W.C.S.. W.C.S. is the top priority, but as soon as thats finished, i will finish up the rest of the apps and release them.

Please post ANYTHING you think should be added in W.C.S. or anything that doesnt currently work. You can also post suggestions for programs that would make your life easier

Anyway, thanks for your time

- Timothy AKA BULLSHOCK 2

[edit]

============Update 11/16/06 ===========

Fred has just finished testing some of the new features, ive got 2 or 3 more bugs to squash, then fix the documentation, then V1 comes out!!!!

when its finished, everyone that purchased EA will get an email with the new V1 link....

thanks again to anyone who has helped with or contributed to this product, i really appreciate it.

http://www.seqoiagames.com/seqoiacorp/
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2006 00:59
I think that I am going to buy WCS but I had a question, I think that the answer is no but can you animate the guns with that software?
If you can't that would be great if you added it, unless it is to much work then forget it.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2006 01:36
nope, sorry.

You cannot animate guns using this software. i agree, it wouold be a great addition, but as far as im aware, its not even possible for me to prgram without extensive keyframing plugins, and im pretty sure those dont exist (yet!)

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2006 02:00
awww, ok, I think I will still buy it though, man I need to learn how to animate or my guns are useless.

stormboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey if you can make it so one can
purchase with credit card,
not just PayPal, I'll also buy it.

peace.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2006 03:16
I would like to be able to rotate the weapon that way if for some crazy reason the weapon is facing the wrong way I can rotate it.
BTW not to hijack your thread but if anyone is interested I might be able to do a basic weapon animation tutorial for Milkshape.
When you make the VWEAP file using WCS does it make the weapon automatically work for enemies or do you have to do some positioning with it?
And if so can you (or anybody else that might know) tell me how to position a VWEAP file?
And it would be nice to have a muzzleflash positioner as well.
Just throwing some things out there...

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2006 03:41
Quote: "I might be able to do a basic weapon animation tutorial for Milkshape"

what about anim8or?
lol, how ironic, I don't know how to animate with anim8or.

even if I don't animate my guns this will allow me to at least use them.

stormboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2006 05:09 Edited at: 19th Oct 2006 05:10
Quote: "BTW not to hijack your thread but if anyone is interested I might be able to do a basic weapon animation tutorial for Milkshape."

It's just moderator thread hijacking, plain and simple!

Quote: "And if so can you (or anybody else that might know) tell me how to position a VWEAP file?"

Talk about the blind leading the blind.

It's all good though, at least your human yeh?
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2006 05:56
stormboy,
In case you have read no threads about weapon importing programs invariably someone always asks if the program will animate their weapons.
I thought I would be nice and make a weapon animation tutorial so that this wouldn't be a problem anymore.
And since you are such a genius maybe you should check out the models and media forum and see that I have made a variety of weapons that work in FPSC.
I was not sure about the VWEAP file positioning.
I have contributed a great deal of time and resources to FPSC and I seriously hope that you meant your last post as a joke and not a cheap shot.
I did not hijack the thread nor was I attempting to.
I was trying to offer to so a favor so I just thought in light of your last post I changed my mind and I will not make the tutorial on animating weapons or if I do I will make it available on a request only basis that way I decide who can and can't have it.
As a matter of fact posts like yours make me want to do that with all of the stuff I have posted on the FPSC forums.
This is Bullshock's thread and if he thinks I am hijacking his thread or if he wants to remove my posts from this thread he is more than welcome to do so.
I was just trying to help and I am a proud owner of WCS.
Maybe in the future you should try to think about what you post before you post it.
@Bullshock,
I apologize to you if you feel my last post was thread hijacking.
If you want you can remove it.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2006 07:01
Nope,

I dont view it as hijacking. the only thing I view as hijacking is for someone to post a completely unrelated topic like "check out my site!" or "i like pie!", or even a post like stormboys attempting to go off topic like that (no offense stormboy). fred was just trying to help, and what he posted was somewhat on-topic...

Anyway, beleive me, i would LOVE to implement an animating feature into W.C.S., but i dont think its even remotely posible with the tools im using.

@Fredp

the vweap should work perfectly assuming the models point of origin isnt way outside of the model. As a matter of fact, you can really use the same model for the entity, vweap and HUD model, unless the HUD model has hands ofcourse..

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2006 07:14
Cool.I will have to check into that.
What about rotating the weapon?

DJ Professor K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2006 11:48
This is really a app i'm waiting for sometime

It's getting anoying making everything by hand, test, and re-work everything, test and re-work everything until it looks good.

Anything that helps me do less tests to see the position of the weapon, sounds, and animation etc. i will gadly get it

Keep it up

My love is seperated in 2 parts, 1 of them is 3ds Max 7, the other; FPSC.
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2006 14:20
@FredP

That may vary well be possible, i will post back after i get home today and do a few tests...

@DJ Professor K

You know the EA version has been out for quite a while right? check the link in my sig.

DJ Professor K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2006 15:53
I know i know, and it has been out for a really long time, it's just, well, i don't have much time to give feedback (work, sckool, my oblivion team mod...).

stormboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeh FredP I know your a contributor, and a regular one at that,
and still, until someone tells it different a little bit of fun and a sense of humour go a long way in the creative arts.

BS2 was right, I was the only hijacker, but please
don't take every single post so seriously and personal!
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2006 05:09
so is there really no other bug reports? its worked for EVERYONE?

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2006 05:26
I don't understand all of the stuff about weapons so I use WCS to position the weapon and place all of the settings I can then I import it into FPSC.
Then I use the gunspec file from a similar weapon to make the finer adjustments.
Other than rotating the weapon and being able to place the muzzleflash (which in all fairness are features I would like to see and are not actually bugs) I haven't found any bugs.
It does seem to me that the you can pick up the entity associated with the weapon but you don't get the weapon...but maybe that has something to do with my settings.
I think the biggest problem was the VWEAP thing and I see you have that fixed.
I am just going out on a limb here and guessing you got your FPSC up and going again.

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2006 05:54 Edited at: 20th Oct 2006 05:59
Hey bullshock... I sometimes get an error... now I'm trying to replicate it to tell you about it it won't do it... I'll keep trying and post it here...

edit
this isn't the problem I was looking for but if I am already editing a weapon and then click 'import weapon' by mistake, then cancel... WCS stops responding...

'Dawn of the Fallen Angel' coming soon(ish)...
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2006 07:11
@Thraxas

i found the problem, it enters a loop with no button controls. this will be fixed in V1.

@fredp

yes, i did get FPSC running again, but only by reinstalling windows...which was a real hassle, but i know people have been waiting forever for V1 of W.C.S.

as for the muzzleflash positioner, im not quite sure about that. inorder for your weapon to have a muzzleflash, i beleive you have to have a bone at the muzzle of your weapon called FIRESPOT or something of the like...considering most people animate guns using keyframes and not bones, i dont think most people have this bone in theire weapon, and if i included a muzzleflash positioner, i would get a ton of emails with people thinking its a W.C.S. bug. i will however look into it, and if i finish everything else on my W.C.S. to-do list and still have time, i will implement it to the best of my ability.

and about the rotation problem, unless the condition FIXNEWY works for weapons, i will not be able to implement that. i havent tried iputing that into a weapon FPE, but i will try when i get a chance. (if someone could test that for me and post back, i would be very greatful, hint hint)

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2006 07:32
I use bones and keyframes to animate my guns with.
You have to have a bone called FIRESPOT in your weapon.I am sure about that.
Maybe if you had a button for the muzzleflash positioner that you could click on that would work.
I will check on the FIXNEWY thing in a few.
Maybe you could make the muzzleflash positioner a separate app where it would load in the gunspec and when you got done adjusting the muzzleflash it would save the altered gunspec file.

DJ Professor K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2006 14:40
hey shock (hope you don't mind i call you shock, perhaps bull is better, no?)

Just wanted to know hows the progress (since this topic) on the lille o'app.

It's just, i'm having lots of trouble importing all my new weapons to FPSC (i've imported 2, out of 18).... it's taking lots of time :/

I really might get the EA version, in the case the progress is going slower that you tought.

Cya

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2006 14:56
@DJ Professor K

if you plan to buy v1, i suggest you get EA now. all EA owners get v1 for free, but V1 is going to cost 10$ instead of 8$, its like a 2 dollar reward for helping me finish it

As in the progress, im fixing everything im currently aware of, but as you can see with the content in this thread, There are hardly any bug reports from the users...which i know isnt true, because i know my coding skills

PLEASE POST ALL FEATURE REQUESTS NOW

This is the final notice.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2006 03:20
============Update===========

Fred has just finished testing some of the new features, ive got 2 or 3 more bugs to squash, then fix the documentation, then V1 comes out!!!!

when its finished, everyone that purchased EA will get an email with the new V1 link....

thanks again to anyone who has helped with or contributed to this product, i really appreciate it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 19:22:11
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 19:22:11