Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Help the newbie

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So i've installed the FPS creator program, and gone through the manual and I figure I have a pretty good handle on basic FPS making with this interface. But i've noticed a few errors:

Everytime I test a level, when I hit "esc" and back out for more editing, it tries to delete the level data and inevitably crashes. This includes tutorial/premade levels.

More importantly, I want to make multiplayer arenas, and have done all the nessecary steps to create multiplayer levels of the most basic kind, with low graphics settings and religious adherancy to the tutorial PDF. Just as the level finishes compiling, FPS creator crashes (locks up during "saving data to .exe") and gives no error. So I go to the folder, hit my new .exe, and it loads the menu with "new game" and "exit game" as my options. If I hit new game, it goes into the level and sits, waiting to join the game... There is no menu tree at the start to join or host a game, and my friend gets the same build problems on his computer when I send him the directory.

Any advice? I thought I was dealing with the first problem well (I just saved before each trial and re-loaded) but the second problem is a major issue.

I am running a windows 2000 SP4 machine with a gig of RAM, a 256 meg NVidia graphics card, and an athlon XP3000+ processor. If you want other info, just post back. This is a serious problem, so I hope someone here can help me out....
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2006 00:54
Quote: "256 meg NVidia graphics card"

what model number?

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2006 01:34
DON'T EVER, EVER USE THE MENU EDITOR ON MULTIPLAYER GAMES.

That should solve your 2nd problem.

As for your first - you are running it from a writable (and non-readonly) drive, correct?

Want FPSC content? Click Here!
Want to get your content there? Send us an e-mail!
Equal
Years of Service
User Offline
Graphic card = NVidia GForce6600

What do you mean by "don't use the menu editor on multiplayer games"? Rather, clarify what exactly it is i'm not supposed to touch... I was pretty sure most of the stuff was set to defaults and ignored unless the tutorial demanded otherwise.

I am running the game from an install on my hard drive. Aside from that, I don't know where else I would be running it from... Should I be burning this to a CD or something to make it work??? *confused*

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 17:45:29
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 17:45:29