Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Online version of DBPRO, why not?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2002 00:36
I live in Brazil, if I order Dbpro (or any product that costs more than $50) i have to pay a 60% import tax...(I discovered this tax after I ordered the original DB)
Well, I'm asking if there is going to be an online version of Dbpro (buy and donwload)? For me (and for a bunch of other people here) it would be the only way to buy DBpro. thanks...
Proteus
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2002 02:10
DBpro would require a pretty decent security program to help people not steal it - i mean take a look at what happened with the DB one you could download!

Perhaps once the 1.2 upgrade is out which hopefully fixxes most of the core stuff we all use, then maybe the team can look into Microsoft Activation Software or something ...

Holy jumping mother of god NOOOO!!!...
Zep
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2002 02:49
Um, db pro has already been 0 dazed by vgr.

Zep--

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2002 03:53
what the hell is a "0dazed by vgr"?
wish people would speak english - or atleast not think that everyone understands their quick terms.

Holy jumping mother of god NOOOO!!!...
Proteus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2002 04:20
well it might stop people from stealing(copying) Dbpro for some time but it will also stop buyers like me. I wish there could be another way of buying it...

Dazzy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2002 14:53
"what the hell is a "0dazed by vgr"? "

Just means that the group 'vgr' had cracked and released DBpro to the warez scene on the day of release!

Dazzy
AlecM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2002 21:50
DAZZY ARE YOU A HACKER? hehe, i dont know how anyone can understand that 733t0 HAXXOR stuff

Goto http://www.shellshockede.com
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2002 22:27
I do, it is pretty easy.

But i never use it for public use...

Seiously, my fisrt hack was into a 30 Day trial of some presentation software, it had run over and totally stopped me using it, with my 30days work still on there.
The work was to be in for the next day (exam work) so i had no choice but to hack it. A quick wizz through the resitry and all is fixed.

But just as a reminder it is illegal and i did in the end buy the key but it did take 2 weeks to be processed and to arrive.

That is basically what hacking it. Data has to be stored somewhere, and can always be changed so no software is ever safe.

I admint i do not know proper hacking, but it is simple in theory.

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
I went outside once and my FPS rate dropped to 5.
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2002 22:30
I must add that the only other hacks i have done were on my own servers which i forgot the password to.

And to a fiends supposedly 'hacker proff' server. But that was a competition between me and some mates.

PS, i have stopped using my hacked version of MAX for you Raven (I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT, even if it is expensive )

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
I went outside once and my FPS rate dropped to 5.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 12:43:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 12:43:49