Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / 'Phy Set Emitter Rate' Is messed up...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2006 22:41
Well heres yes another annoyance, it would seem any value above 1.0 produces particles every second yet a value of 0.9999999 produces 100 particles per second, which is really stupid I haven't made a demo as I can't be bothered and this stuff should be painfully obvious even the emit rate demo showcases this bug, how it was missed I do not know.

And since I've made yet another topic here I'll keep them down by putting my other observations down,

The Particles really suck... pretty much, for instance there isnt some way to set some sort of movement resistance or something, as if you fire an object into a cloud of particles they just go flying everywhere which is stupid, being able to set a mass or something would solve this.

The fading only works when ghosting and not dark ghosting so I can only have steam/fire and big clouds of black smoke isn't possible, atleast with the particles fading.

Not to mention the command variables make no sence, like the particle life, why does a lower number mean a longer lasting particle? shoulden't it be based on seconds alive or something, and the rate, that should be particle spawns per second.

Hallowed are the ori.
Alfred
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2006 01:17 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2006 01:20
Quote: "The fading only works when ghosting and not dark ghosting so I can only have steam/fire and big clouds of black smoke isn't possible, atleast with the particles fading."

Confirmed. Black smoke can´t have fading.

Hallowed are the ori.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2006 19:27
Quote: "The fading only works when ghosting and not dark ghosting so I can only have steam/fire and big clouds of black smoke isn't possible, atleast with the particles fading"

That would be this thread where Alfred tried extremely hard to get this working , but it just never happened

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=91024&b=30

Alfred
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2006 19:41
I am still trying to get fading to work with the black smoke. Black smoke exists, but it doesn´t look too nice if the dark particles suddenly vanish. Unless you have some sort of chimney in wich the particles dissapear out of your sight the effect looks quite ugly.

Hallowed are the ori.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 09:51:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 09:51:07