Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Hey Guys, whats new?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2006 10:24
For those who don't know me, I was working on a game (well, was more interested in making the game assets than the overall game ) late last year and into January.

I'm bored enough to give FPS Creator a second shot. I even saved all my work and still have it (glad I did that now).

So, whats new with FPSC since early this year? can we have multiple textures on 1 entity now? Did riker 9 (sounds better than riker 10) or whatever ever get released? Fill me in.
Doughboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2006 10:25 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2006 10:26
Forgot to add, can we now have teams in mp?

Oops, forgot about the edit button. No need to mention it to me 8 times.
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Check the sticky at the top of this page for an FPSC update. Save and load is now possible, and yes multiple textures are now supported officially.

Several official model packs have also been released.

That's all I can think of right now...

----------------------------------------
"Your mom went to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://www.hyrumark.com
Doughboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2006 10:52 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2006 18:42
Great - multiple textures on one entity was really needed badly (go to [mod edit] texture mapping!).

I'm having an error updating (First version [from cd] to the newest), "FPSC-MapEditor.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" son of a... I'll deal with this tommorow I guess.

Can anyone guide me through the update process? From the default version (right off the cd) what other versions do I need to get before installing 1.03?

Just took this shot... my first since January

How about my Scoped Kar (I'm really getting into this again).

DJ Professor K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2006 13:53
If you have the cd version (not EA version) you don't need any update.

This update won't work with EA either.

If it's giving an error, post in the RC3 stiky, but try some basic stuff, like reinstalling FPSC or something.

Anyway, you asked about Riker9, well, i wasn't here (2 busy with my r/l work, then i had exams at sckool), but when i re-visited these forums 2-3 weeks after, i saw a post from a guy asking the release date of riker9, the poor guy got flamed so bad that it evan hurt me, then a mod said no one in here wanted to talk anymore about riker9.
So, it comes to my mind, it was all fake.

Well bond1 said really well, we got 3 patches, and now we have a save feacture (hazaaa, finaly), and several model packs, all of them rock.

We then got several great updates on both Magic FPS and Signs 3, these 2 little apps are life saviours for creating entities and segments.

FPS Pack is being updated right now, so it works correctly with the save feacture, and it's almost comming out another app. for easy menu making, wich is gona be pretty much complete, with all kinds of options, wich is still in this 1ยบ page of this very same sub-forum.

To end, we have a nice ladder script, and really good and brand new AI scripts, from enemies to using cover, to civilians running away when shot. In the last weeks we got lots of misc scripts, wich many of them were only possible with these last patches or with (hope i spell it right) 'unkown' exe patch, wich adds some nice script commands.

And i think thats pretty much everything.

ohh yeah, welcome back

My love is seperated in 2 parts, 1 of them is 3ds Max 7, the other; FPSC.
Doughboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2006 21:32
Thanks

Is there a trick to having more than one texture on an entity, or some format I have to follow? I have a tank with a texture for the body and one for the tracks, yet in FPSC the tracks are using the body texture.

If I remove the texture refrence in "Optional Visuals" the entity is just white.

There is nothing wrong with the model and I updated to 1.03 successfully.

Any ideas?
Darth Vad3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Woot! Doughboy's back!

To answer your question, I would say that's etheir a glitch (unlikely) or maybe a fault with the new beta patch.

Doughboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2006 08:05
Have no fear, I figured it out and it works.
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2006 17:38
Quote: "and yes multiple textures are now supported officially."
When did this happen? I keep pretty up to date wit FPSC and its forums and theres been no mention of multiple textures. Are you sure about this?

You don't have to be insane to answer my questions, but it helps

visit www.gameshell.tk
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2006 19:04
I'd also like to announce some news to you.

Some people have found my idea intresting about a free entity importer.so i worked at it.i released a version wich had exporting disabled as it was bugged as hell.however!

FredP trys it and told me it was the easyest he had!and the best thing i'd like to say again,it will be free!

ive bein looking for help now after a while of debugging.however every other bug i found was killed.only the export code does NOT want to export to the Proper set directory...

Well.thats my news i can give you.

My arrival shocked some people maybe...but i dont seem to care anyway...behold my mights!
-Prince Of Darkness
Doughboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2006 12:01
"I keep pretty up to date wit FPSC and its forums and theres been no mention of multiple textures. Are you sure about this?"

Yes, multiple textures work for dynamic entities. Not sure why [it wouldn't work with static e's] but it's tolerable for now.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 17:45:02
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 17:45:02