Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Totally Frustrated :/

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2006 00:05
I'm *still* having issues with the storyzone bug. the cut scene will not remain on the screen until someone presses a key, it vanishes as soon as it's done playing. I've contacted tech support, they haven't been much help at all. Now I can't even remove the program to reinstall from scratch, I get a 'main app critical error' and it wont uninstall.

Anyone have any other suggestions that might work? I've tried the new patch to work with pack 3, but that doesn't fix the problem eithe. I soooooo want this to work...
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2006 01:06
Quote: "the cut scene will not remain on the screen until someone presses a key, "

I'm not sure if I do understand what you're saying.

Quote: "it vanishes as soon as it's done playing."

That's not a bug, that's supposed to be that way. As soon as the video ends, it vanishes.

I've got no issues with the story zone at all. It works as it supposed to do. As soon as the player walks into it, the video starts playing. As soon as the video ends, it's dissappears. While the video plays, you cannot interupt it at all. That's how the story zone works on my pc and that's what it's supposed to do.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Robh22
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2006 01:14
hmm okay, maybe I'm doing something horribly wrong then. I want to have a cut scene where a paper shows with writing on it, which I did as a jpg, but that only flashes as well, so unless your a speed reader, :/ it doesn't work. Please, if you can let me know what I'm doing wrong, you will save the rest of my hair from being pulled out.
filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2006 01:37
if you want to display an image...dont use a story zone for it.
You would be better off using it as a HUD in a trigger zone. Story zones are good for playing videos, cut-scenes etc.

-- n00b at playing games...and now at making em too :p --
IceAxe18
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2006 01:55
Quote: "it vanishes as soon as it's done playing"

You could use Windows Movie Maker to make a 4 second video using your jpg pic by duplicating your pics until you've got enough for 4 seconds of video. You may want more time though, but thats up to you of course.
Darth Vad3r
Years of Service
User Offline
I would do that.

Robh22
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2006 05:56
After pulling the last of my hair out trying to get the hud/trigger thing to work, I decided to use the movie maker and let it run for a few more seconds. That seems to work... aside from one thing (lol)... when I create the movie in the maker, it is the right size but when I play it in the storyzone, its a bit bigger than I want. I've tried resizing it in movie maker hen I create it, but doesn't seem to change it. I've changed the pixel ratio, which helped a bit..but the text is still a tad fuzzy. I used Photoshop to create the image(jpg), did all the right things to flatten etc...

Anyway to make the vids smaller in the storyzone?

btw thank you for all your help.
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2006 07:41
add a black area around your picture, it will make it look like the picture is smaller.

Robh22
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2006 07:54
Thank you!
psyco joe
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You could use Windows Movie Maker to make a 4 second video using your jpg pic by duplicating your pics until you've got enough for 4 seconds of video. You may want more time though, but thats up to you of course. "

thanks, i just made something like that, i used powerepoint to make a gay little briefing kind of thing. ( i just started to use it cuz im in a computer tech class). and im making a game with it. today but i didnt know how to make it last longer so a person could actually read it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 17:39:32
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 17:39:32