Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2006 06:16
Is it possible to import you terrain models from geoscape3d into fpsc
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2006 03:14
Come on 25 views and not a single person replies. all i want to know is if geoscape lets you import your terrain into FPSC and how?
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2006 03:26
Search the forum, it's been asked a few times before.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2006 08:47
I know it has been asked but i don't know how to export the terrain. none of the threads give good details
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 29th Oct 2006 22:50
I use Geoscape. It works, but the enemys are falling thru the ground..

I want to see a FPSC Professional! And lets make it REALLY expensive this time......
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2006 22:53
In other words, it doesn't work.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2006 23:00
Yes it does work.. If You arent going to use moving enemys. You can always lock them as Immobile...

I want to see a FPSC Professional! And lets make it REALLY expensive this time......
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2006 18:01
So it sorta works. how do you import the terrain then?
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2006 18:46
Import it as entity...

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2006 03:50
yeah i know but HOW? what do i save it as? a .X? .bin? .tga? That is what i'm asking
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2006 17:15
As an .X file ofcourse.. .tga is a picture format, not an object format.. Save the texture as a .dds format rather than a .tga file...

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 00:38
Quote: "Save the texture as a .dds format rather than a .tga file... "

other alternatives would be:
.bmp
.jpg

I always use .jpg for my textures, just be sure to set the quality to 100%.

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 00:47
Oh... so simple. One day i'm gonna get good at FPSC
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2006 06:18
I would give you some but for some reason when i save the landscape it doesn't show up in FPSC. Silent thunder or Mr. Love I'll post a screeny of the saving thing in Geoscape. What do i click on in the export part or do i even use that? I'm confused again

Attachments

Login to view attachments
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2006 02:07
201 views and no one will answer my question. Come on people!
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2006 09:12
Will someone answere my question
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2006 09:43
Quote: "I would give you some but for some reason when i save the landscape it doesn't show up in FPSC. Silent thunder or Mr. Love I'll post a screeny of the saving thing in Geoscape. What do i click on in the export part or do i even use that? I'm confused again"

Ok this will answer your question, a hopefully people will read this and stop asking these questions. No offense Silent thunder or Mr. Love, but here is the reality of the situation.

Yes You can use external programs to create landscapes.
Yes You can get them in to FPSC, and it's simple to do.

This engine was designed to use UVmapped models. Regardless of what is embedded in the model file you must have this UVmap to get things to run smoothly. IF you chose not to UVmap than you run the risk of collision errors and texture errors. items that have nt been UVmapped have to be dynamic. itmes that are uvmapped can be either. static is the best way to go as it becomes an actualy part of the level geomitry, where dynamic does not, the engine constantly re-renders the dynamic entity for it's position and light map. There are also problems with the mesh, it appears that there are stretched parts of the mesh(landscape) you should use a floor mesh from the files/entity folder and then build off of that. that way you know it's the same as what is already in the game. just make it an editable poly and then transform it. Another thign to keep in mind is the scale. I believe with geoscape it goes in mulitples of two (256x256, 512x512 etc..) make sure you are using a 256x256 and do not go over 512x512. this may help with any problems that you can control. I hope this helped you out a little bit.

Quote: "As an .X file of course.. .tga is a picture format, not an object format.. Save the texture as a .dds format rather than a .tga file"

Saving as either .tga or .dds will sufice in this situation, you want to stay away from jpeg or bmp as they have bad compression rates. This is a subject that I have been a part of for the better part of a year. I have talked to the guys at TGC about this issue. I have a thread called mulitple textures and TGC's answers you should read it as that is straight fromt he horses mouth.

Quote: "I always use .jpg for my textures, just be sure to set the quality to 100%"

As I stated above it's not a quality issue it's a compression issue.

RF

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2006 21:22
Thank you reality.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 19:22:15
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 19:22:15