Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Styx and Forms

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2006 16:35
Is this possible?

If you've seen my other posts, I've struggled with .net and Styx. So now I've dusted down my VB6 CD, installed and I'm successfully writing ActiveX Dlls.

But is it possible to get an ActiveX to display a control. For example, a form with a button on it?

I see you can make an ActiveX control, but then it becomes an OCX file.

empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2006 20:33
This link might help
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vbcon98/html/vbconaddingeventtooledllproject.asp

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2006 18:46
That's pretty much what I did, other than creating an event. But in a DB Pro environment, an event isn't required in any case.

I have created a function, that shows the form. It runs, doesn't error, but doesn't show either. I'm obviously missing something fundamental.

I also [SHIFT]-[TAB]bed through the open windows to make sure it wasn't hidden elsewhere.

empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2006 18:51
I'm not a VB expert, so it's like stabbing around in the dark for me, too.
However, following the above tutorial, I got a modal window to show up. Modeless windows seem to disappear immediately after they're shown and therefore seem to be invisible.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2006 20:51
OK, I'll try that and see how I get on.

I was actually trying to create some toolbox windows, so they would need to be visible for longer, but still allow me to work with the DB Pro window behind.

I think I need to be able to set the window to be a child of the DB Pro window, and also be "always on top". I could use other Styx functionality to gather the window handles, then I just need to work out how to associate them with each other!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-23 03:42:02
Your offset time is: 2024-06-23 03:42:02