Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Collision Probl2

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2006 00:55
Hi everybody Im trying to make a game where if U collide with a tree U slide off in the shorten direction closest to the direction U were first targeting...I know how I slideoff but in the following code U allways slide to the left...

My other probl is that I would like to make a collision box and position it self on a different localition on the targeret object...but I can't seem to find the function to do that!
Jna99
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2006 13:17
anyone? <Im beggining to feel ignored >
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2006 15:14
Quote: "anyone? <Im beggining to feel ignored >"

I wish this community was stronger.

It will be great to know also any problems with the current collision system.

If it always turns to left it is because you are not taking into account the current camera angle, and you are turning always to the same side.
I have not tried, but it should be something like:

I hope I'm right.
Jna99
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2006 20:50
hmmm thanks Morcilla , my newest problem is with the collision boxes...since Im using meshes the collision boxes might not be in the position of object as U can see in the image...I would like to know if there is any other solution besides calulating the distance from the "targeret" position and the actual position and then translate the object used targeret position?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Miguel Melo
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm not sure I understand what you mean just then... but this may be because I haven't used box collision that much...

I have vague plans for World Domination
Jna99
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2006 13:11
What I was saying was if there is a way to position collision boxes?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 05:28:47
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 05:28:47