Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / [DarkSCRIPT] Licensing Issue

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2006 18:58 Edited at: 28th Oct 2006 20:45
[Removed]
Torrey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2006 20:42 Edited at: 28th Oct 2006 20:45
Quote: "Ok, I'll admit that I didn't read the license when I first purchased DarkSCRIPT, because if I had, I wouldn't have purchased it.

Why?

Because it's restricted to a single machine. I initially installed it on my school computer, where I spent most time, and just the other day installed things on my laptop, as I'm no longer going to the same school. And what do I realize, after going through the installation of everything else? That the scripting doesn't work! Imagine my frustration.

I can understand that someone wants to earn money, but there's no way I'm paying the same fee all over again to use a new computer. Had it been a professional cutting-edge product, I wouldn't even mind. But this is a small plugin!

So, please, explain the reason to me. Does it have anything to do with GameMonkey and its license, or is it just out of plain old greed?"

What you say really makes no sense. If you used the setup .exe file and installed it to the new computer you're using now it'd work just fine.

For some reason if you decided to just copy over your DarkBASIC Pro folder over to the new machine it would have issues with DarkScript because of the anti-piracy implementation. If this is what you did just install over it.

Also with issues like these, please send an email to me through the website, and I encourage you to do this if you're still having problems.

[edit]

If the help above doesn't work, and you're too lazy for email use one of the contact methods below (except the yahoo one, I'm never on there).

entomophobiac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2006 20:47
Sorry for being overly offensive. I'll remove my post, as it would be bad publicity for you otherwise. Sorry about that. Too little sleep and too much coffee.

The problem is just exactly the one you are describing, with the added issue that I don't have Internet with my laptop and therefore tried to bypass the whole installation process by copying the folder. It made most plugins work just fine (which I didn't think it would), except for the DarkSCRIPT plugin. Which frustrated me.

Once again, sorry for being overly offensive. I'll calm down before I post the next time
Torrey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2006 20:49
No problem, it's good to know the anti-piracy feature works. First time I heard of it popping up other than in my own tests.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-23 04:29:07
Your offset time is: 2024-06-23 04:29:07