Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] I am looking for members

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello my name is Mike i have been working on a FPs game latly but have found out that i need some help in it.what i would like to have is around 2-3 members that arer good with map creation. I would also like 1-2 3d modelers that can creat enitities easily for us. Also some game scripters that can imput text in the game and create the AI more realistic. Right now i have developed a Demo for my game but it still needs work. The game i want to create is a WWII vietnam game where one of you membners turns on your team and helps on the Vietnam leader destroy USA. here are some screen pics of the game so far...(From my Demo)sory if they are a little big i dont no how to turn the size down

IMG]http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p259/darksourcepro/FPSC-Game2006-10-2521-21-37-21.jpg[/IMG] i will get more if need be
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2006 17:48
I have unlocked this, from an email request from the user who validates the project is real.
I cant see letting a legitimate team building request slip by, normally we frown on team requests, I wouldn't normally allow a request like this as its not really my area of expertise with the Dark Realms.
anyway just this once.

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2006 17:51
what's with all of those lampposts in the lava?

filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2006 17:52
This is not a response to your team building, but those maps dont make any sense if you know what I mean.
Street lights in lava? Lava in room?

-- n00b at playing games...and now at making em too :p --
mad mind
Years of Service
User Offline
Like i said still need work. This is a training course i will change it later and then it will be available for a better demo. This is what i mean i need members for this. I am still working on this so like the lave i know it is not realistic i was just making it so if you fall in you get hurt.

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 29th Oct 2006 22:14
This belongs in the showcase forum..

I want to see a FPSC Professional! And lets make it REALLY expensive this time......
mad mind
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok well it would help if any one would be interested in helping me out. email me if you want my-360@hotmail.com I would love to have a few scripters and if someone wants some level deighners also so please email me if you are at any interest to join.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2006 00:48
Quote: "This belongs in the showcase forum.."

I think it should have been locked.

How is this different from any other team request?

This is simply favortism, and is not fair to all the other people who had team requests locked.

So, are you telling us that we can make team requests too?

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2006 02:27
I locked it in the first place. I didn't see anything even remotely resembling a design. What I saw was someone asking for a bunch of mappers, modelers, and scripters to do the work for them. Glaring grammatical errors aside (I know English is a second language for some), I saw no reason to keep it open. There was no mention of payment, or if people are supposed to help out of the goodness of their hearts. I don't hold high hopes of someone honestly looking to complete a game, when they don't even know how to resize an image.

I'm not trying to be mean, or berate the member; but I have seen much more competent proposals locked up tight here before. However, since Indy has been Modding here longer than I have; then I guess this will be the new standard for making a team request on this board. Good luck with your game, Mad Mind.

-Keith

Red Raven Media
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2006 02:29
i would have considered of thinking to help but no offense but the maps make absolutly no freakin' sense
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2006 02:49
I can make it a custom soundtrack if you want. but only if you improve those levels!

"If it weren't for monsoor here, this town wouldn't be here, and that kid would never grow up to lie about texas!"
CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2006 03:18
Wow first off I don't get why this thread is more special then any of the others when it comes to team request but with that already said I guess karma is on your side right now...

Okay the levels as I see it have nothing to do with what your describing the game as... Vietnam setting I don't see a single asian or palmtree or anything that looks asian... heck no pokemon either shame on you....

Modelers, Mappers, Scripters....

I would think if there going to allow this thread you should be more descriptive on what your wanting these people to do that will be on your team...

Like for instance modeler you may want to imply will be building characters...
Another example mappers to build a map to resemble little siagon
Last example Scripters able to build scripts for consistant game flow..

Then let these people know are they doing this work for free are you willing to pay how are they going to be credited with the work they do etc.

Also may want to explain the game in detail the who what when wheres and why's to your storyline..

Then also may want to detail your list as to what you have already done to contribute to your game your wishing to build...

Also you may want to describe the end result is this a fan base game is this a game thats going to be freely distrabuted are you going to charge for this game..... How is this game going to be displayed via internet etc...

Also something the mod's may want to consider we all know it doesnt take 5 people to make a game crew.... So how about a sticky as to what we can and can not do when it comes to making team request...

I know my whole post here seems negative but really it isnt ment to be that way I would like to see team request be okay here in the forums and I would like to see strick guide lines on how this can be done here... Ive seen alot of good people come through here and feel this community could prosper from more teamwork then this self serve situation we got going on now....

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.
mad mind
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok i know that this map makes no scence like i said i still needed help with it. This is the Training Course also peple not the real Game!!!! I am working on it still and later i will put up screenshots of the game in progress and mabe come out with a trailer also. And also for keith i know i said i dont know how to resize them well guss what i did and since SOMEONE locked this I couldnt edit it. nd for the people saying why are you so special and this shouldnt be open i dont care I did not post this to see if people think i am special in any sort. And for the people I am looking for i am not paying people I am looking for people that would want to create games for fun and have fun with it also. For the modelers scripters and map creators all I want is People that know how to do it. Right now i can create the maps I would just like to have some modelers and Scripters. Modelers for guns and terrain and then I would like the Scripters help with the AI. SO I AM TIRED OF PEOPLE SAYING THIS SHOULD BE LOCKED OR WHY ARE YOU SO SPECIAL. ALL I WANT TO SEE IS IF ANY PEOPLE WANT TO JOIN MY TEAM AND CREATE GAMES FOR FUN. I want these game to be free downloads no charge.

Now for the story line. The place Like i said is Vietnam. You and 2 members of your team move into Vietnam untill on the third mission one of your members kills your former teammate and help out Vietnam in there plan to take over the world. In the other missions you try to take out your member that turned on you whil he is making deals for weapons. You finnaly move into histerratory which is heavily gaurded and at the end you go into the finnal boss battle against him. The time zone you are in is 1980. I whish that you guys see where I am going with this game. And I know i need to work on my Training Course a lot more and put more time in it. I am willing to contribute everything for this game since I am the one wanting to create this game I am not going to sit back and make all of you guys create this game and then I get all the credit for it. Every person on the team is going to get credit I am not going to take all the credit over this saying ya
I made it no one helped I wantr this to be a fun project to work on.

So if people can now just tell me if they want to join my team and help create this program I dont care what your opinions are about how stupid it might be or if I am special or this should be closed just tell me if you would be of any interest in helping me create this game.

Thank you,
Madmind

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2006 07:49
Mike ranted at me on the email, apparantly no one told him who locked it, and i got blasted for it.
so to let the steam out of the bag i unlocked it. as its a "just this once" thread, it has served its purpose to try and keep mike happy, this has upset the norm in this forum area.

sorry guys its my fault for trying to be to congenial but its deflated the agro to a degree.
next time ill take a leaf from this board and flatly refuse all requests.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Now I know what to do if I ever get a thread locked LOL
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2006 10:53
Quote: "what i would like to have is around 2-3 members that arer good with map creation. I would also like 1-2 3d modelers that can creat enitities easily for us. Also some game scripters that can imput text in the game and create the AI more realistic"

So he wants people to create the levels... to make custom models... and then script the AI...

I don't understand what is actually left for him [Mad Mind] to do! I'm just going to be a sheep and say that I've seen better team requests than this get locked...

'Dawn of the Fallen Angel' coming soon(ish)...
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2006 12:20
sorry mike we have to follow the rules, better luck next time.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 17:40:21
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 17:40:21