Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Can I get some reviews here please? (Bullshock's ECS + WC)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2006 00:16
Hello,

I was kind of interested in Bullshock's 'Entity Creation System' and 'Weapon Maker'.
I currently use the TGC's free entity creator. And I have some guns and mellee weapons I would love to make FPSC-ready, but I have given up (I just cant handle the number of files I need to make/modify and also try as I may, can't get the weapon position right in-game!)

Here are my questions :
1. How is the ECS Pro different from the TGC Entity creator? What are the better features etc?

2. I think the WC can make player weapon, the pickup and the enemy weapons (am I right here?). How about the positioning of each of this? Will I have to go back to Milkshape to modify that, or can I do it in the weapon creator?

Please give me any additional reviews here. Would appreciate this.

Thank you,

filya

p.s: I know this is a lot of thinking for $8 + $5, but I am just a college student working part time on campus (and FPSC + milkshape cost a lot )

-- n00b at playing games...and now at making em too :p --
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2006 05:20
1) I beleive ECS uses a visual interface and allows you to change more options.

2) I beleive you are right, and you can position it.

Keep in mind that I don't own either, so I'm not sure.

Thy whom forces such labor as that of homework sacrifices thyself to eternity in blackness amongst the horrors of which they bestowed upon others during thy life.
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2006 07:32 Edited at: 31st Oct 2006 07:36
ECS is so much easier to use than the entity creator by TGC... it does have a visual interface with a 3D display so you can make sure your entities are the correct size in game... It's been really useful and saved me plenty of time... (I'm sure there is a free lite version for you to try)...

edit:here's the link ECS LITE

I got WCS not long after it was released and I'm only really now getting into it fully... it's also very good and I believe Bullshock is working on Version 1 at the moment (it's still EA at the moment)... Maybe someone who is more au fait with it could tell you more...

'Dawn of the Fallen Angel' coming soon(ish)...
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2006 16:08
I can't yet speak for Tim's Weapon Creator; but I highly recommend his ECS program, it's saved me so much time when creating FPSC entities, and its extremely easy to use. Not to mention, by purchasing it, you'll be helping out a fellow developer.

-Keith

filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2006 16:10 Edited at: 31st Oct 2006 16:16
Airslide and Thraxas, thanks for your views on the products.
Like I said, I am sure they must be pretty good (thats the reason I was thinking of buying them).

I think I will wait for some more reviews before deciding.

edit: keith, looks like we were typing at the very same time
I was kind of more inclined to buy the weapon creator, since there is no substitute for it (other than modifying/creating 10 files!)

And I am already using the TGC free entity creator. So unless the ECS is much better than the TGC one, I might ponder a lot

But thanks for the review!

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2006 03:47
I have WCS and I beta tested Weapon Creator.
While WC is yet to be released Code Master has posted in his thread it should be released shortly.
Comparing the two would not be fair.
It is like comparing Animator and Blender.Both products can lead to the same results but anyone who has used both will tell you they take different approaches and are completly different.
Another factor is that while WCS is a working product and does work quite well it is still EA which means the finished product might be quite different.
Most importantly,just like the above example with the two modeling programs I used earlier it also has to do with the taste of the user.
Everbody has their favorite modeling programs,apps,etc. that they like to use.
I also think that a side-by-side comparison of the two would be unfair and unreliable at this point.
We need to wait for both apps to be released as finished products in my opinion.

filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2006 04:29
@ Fred.

You have it completely wrong. I may have not been communicating well in my questions here.

I just want to know the reviews for Bullshock's softwares. His Entity Creation system and his Weapon Maker (or Weapon creator) or whatever it is called. (its by a different name on these forums and by another name on his site)

I havent asked about CodeMaster's work at all.

thanks for trying to help though.

-filya

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2006 05:05
I'd buy WCS if I were you.
When he releases the full version he is going to charge $2 more.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2006 14:46
Im really kindof dissapointed about how many feature requests i got for W.C.S.

And for E.C.S after 1.1...

version 1 of W.C.S. will be out sometime this week or next week.

http://www.seqoiagames.com/seqoiacorp/
filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2006 16:04
I guess I have taken a decision. Bullshock, you are richer now

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2006 17:31
Bullshock,
I gave you a few suggestions in your other thread about WCS and I wish i could have thought of some more...maybe it's the way I use it to import weapons.
But one feature I just thought of is let's say someone picks an automatic weapon...then WCS could automatically fill out the numbers in the animation frames for a stock animated automatic weapon.That might save the user time in having to put the numbers of the keyframes in WCS.
Having a variety of weapon sounds in the WCS app to choose from would be cool.
I know I covered the muzzleflash positioning thing earlier.
It would also be cool if you could see the VWEAP positioning before you imported a weapon (aka a character holding the weapon in question).
And I know that you've fixed the bugs.
Another thing that might be nice is if when you picked the brass,smoke,muzzleflash,etc. there was some kind of icon/decal to show what we picked.
And maybe a preview to show how the weapon would look and work with the animation,muzzleflash,brass,smoke,etc. finished...a final preview before the weapon was imported.
But I have to say the muzzleflash positioning would be at the top of my wish list.
filya,
Congratulations on purchsing WCS.I know you won't be disappointed.
Let us know how it works out for you.

filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2006 17:50
lol Fred, if someone like me read that thread of yours he would really wonder "what exactly does WCS do then??" lol

I had to buy it if I wanted to complete my game before the competition ends
btw, I know its a little late to ask, but it does help you with melee weapons too right?

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2006 17:54
Yes.You can use WCS to import melee weapons as well.
ECS is a great weapon importer.
I put that stuff in that last thread to give Bullshock some last minute suggestions I just thought of.

code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 00:49
WC is my app, WCS is Bullshox, just so you know.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 06:09
@fredp,

would you be willing to help me iron, and finish off W.C.S.? ive got a basic build of v1 with all the new features, and i was wondering if you could help me out with it...

http://www.seqoiagames.com/seqoiacorp/
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 06:28
@Bullshock,
Absolutly.
I will do anything I can to help.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 18:19:17
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 18:19:17