Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Black Figure

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all
I am totally new to FPS creator, and would like to creat a totally black figure.
I would like to use, say the skeleton...
Is it just a case of changing the skeltom image to all black, or is it more complicated?
I am still learning, but I thought that this creation/amendment might be something I could attempt.
Any help on this one please?
Cheers
Geoff
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2006 00:55 Edited at: 31st Oct 2006 00:55
just change the skeleton's texture to black.

just make sure that its like 2222 not 0000 or something like that.

glohgloh
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi again
Could you please explain how I do this?
I have tried right clicking on the entity and looking at the texture files (.dds), but without having a "black" one of these files... I'm not sure...
Sorry to be such a "beginner".
Cheers
Geoff
filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2006 01:55
ok. try this very very simple thing first.

go to the entity properties (by right clicking). You would see the texture field there pointing to some image file. (assume its skeleton.dds)

Now open your PC browser to that folder and check the image resolution of that texture file. (assume its 512 * 512)

Now just open MS paint or something and create a new image file with the same reolution. Make it black (but not pure black!) The RGB should not be 0 0 0!!!! (Even a RGB of 10,10,10 looks black as anything!)

Save it in the texturebank folder (any place inside that folder works!) but make sure you DO NOT replace any existing texture file there.

Now, again, back to the entity properties, and this time point that field to the new image file you created.

Hope it helped.

-- n00b at playing games...and now at making em too :p --
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2006 02:03
oh, yea, i forgot to mention, welcome to the forums.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 17:46:44
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 17:46:44