Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC Stargate Project

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2006 05:28
FIRST STATEMENT: THIS IS NOT A TEAM REQUEST. IN FACT, I DO NOT WISH TO PUT TOGETHER A TEAM DUE TO THE NESSASARY CORDINATION THAT IS REQUIRED. THIS IS MOSTLY JUST TO GET OPINIONS.

Ever since I got the EA, I've been wanting to make a Stargate tribute game (somewhat like my Doom Fan Game I released a while back). Now, I beleive that with my improved modeling and animation skills (though I still can't do a character to save my life), that I can model nessasary items such as the Stargate itself. Mainly, I'm curious how many people would be interested in such a project. And above all, how should I go about doing this? I was thinking it could be a short two level 'pilot', which I get reviews from, then expand on for the next 'episodes'. On the other hand, I could make a larger project with 10 levels (just example) and release it all at once. (I like the first idea personally)

Concerning Legal Issues
Now, I'm mentioning something about this just because I know someone is going to say 'oh, its copyrighted, you can't do it!'. Well, there are alot of fan games for Star Wars, Halo, even Stargate (just a handful for Stargate, but still some non-the-less). Usually, fan games or tribute games, that take no profit from the work, have no legal issues and in some cases are encouraged.

Also, as one more thing, if any of the animators/modelers who watch stargate could give me some tips on how to do a convincing 'kawoosh', then that would be appreciated

The last thing I'm going to say is that if I do this, it would be based with the start of the series (pilot), and then go on to missions from the show and new ones too.

Thy whom forces such labor as that of homework sacrifices thyself to eternity in blackness amongst the horrors of which they bestowed upon others during thy life.
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2006 07:47
Here is a fan game that someone made.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2006 13:50
I've thought about making a Stargate Mod for Call of Duty someday.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2006 15:56
Thanks for the link Candle, I've never seen it before so I'm checking it out.

Thy whom forces such labor as that of homework sacrifices thyself to eternity in blackness amongst the horrors of which they bestowed upon others during thy life.
uNCLEsAM
Years of Service
User Offline
One more site, dunno if you've heard of it. It's a Stargate TC mod for HL2.

http://www.stargatetc.com/site/news.php

They also did one for HL1, but I can't find it.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2006 18:05
Ithink if you mod the Oblivion engine,this is possible way better then with FPSC.

or DBP should be able too.

however,i cant help or do whatever.i have 10 hours to make a game for school!(6 weeks,2 hours a week,1 hour is 50 minutes)Gosh,i hate this...

My arrival shocked some people maybe...but i dont seem to care anyway...behold my mights!
-Prince Of Darkness
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2006 02:57
Well, I feel like doing it in FPSC cause I don't want to write a new game from scratch, I want to jump in and do it

Also, should I focus on SG-1, or some other team (ex: SG-12), I was leaning towards the ladder cause I could probally bend the story a bit more...

And to get some people to post opinions...take a look at the attachment...I'll be posting something in the showcase soon, but not until I have an idea of what people think is best...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
DJ Professor K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2006 14:50
Airslide, nearly all SW mods had lots of trouble with lucas, this is just so you know, and some of the SW mods were really closed by lucas, and this goes to everyone in here wanting to make something about SW, 1º mail lucas, only then start doing anything (game or mod), having already some media done, then you can't use it, really sucks.

About SG, well, i never seen anyone whining about copyright, i think they evan aprove fan made stuff about SG.

POD is right, you would have way less trouble making it for Oblivion, all you really need is models and textures, since the code is nearly all there (the only and really 1º thing that comes to my mind wich needed to be tweaked, are the weapons). And the lanscape editing is easy as *censured*.

I wish the series showed at a nice hour (at a time i'm not at work) :/ i really liked them...

And, i'm hilling to see the results of this, Airslide, plz, don't give up on it.

My love is seperated in 2 parts, 1 of them is 3ds Max 7, the other; FPSC.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2006 16:04
Quote: "And, i'm hilling to see the results of this, Airslide, plz, don't give up on it. "

I don't plan to (give up, that is)

As for Oblivion, I think the main problem is the fact I don't have it, and the high probability that it would run terrible on my machine. Plus, I couldn't use Jon's weapon pack.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 18:23:29
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 18:23:29