Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / trouble with sparkys collision dll

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2006 08:38
Hi all,
i recently downloaded sparkys collision dll and tried to adapt his sliding collision demo to my FPS game. Unfortunately, where in sparkys demo the collision is nice and smooth, in my game it jitters back and forth when i collide with an object, plus, sometimes its allows me to go straight through an object.. i need some serious help. There is a lot of code involved, but since its pretty much been copied over from his program i see no reason why it would work differently for mine.
regards
Casper
draknir_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2006 16:46
isnt it funny how problems that boggle you for hours can be solved with a few simple backspaces? I accidentally forgot to change a variable name when porting code and as a result, sparkys dll was using a radius of 0 to calculate collisions. Once this was corrected, it all ran perfectly in my game.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-23 03:34:37
Your offset time is: 2024-06-23 03:34:37