Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / 12 Questions i need to ask before i buy FPSCreator

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
12 Questions i need to ask before i buy FPSCreator

Okay so i have downloaded the trial version of FPS Creator and was totally blown away by it. But i want to find out if certain things are possible in it before i buy it so could someone please answer any of the questions by giving the question number and the answer. Thanks in advance

1) Can you change the normal movement speed of the character? Without pressing the run button cos he moves far to slowely for my liking.

2) Can you have clear glass windows that go into the floor or celing to see upwards or down? Kinda like a greenhouse or nice roof to see the sky through. Also would be nice to have the option of looking up and down in air vents like in MGS.

3) Can you make the maps bigger?

4) Why is the AI so stupid? I was playing the WW2 demo that comes from the trial and most of the time the bad guys walk into walls and just stand there while i shoot them without firing back and when they do they are sooooo slow to react to me its unbeleivable.

5) Why do some bodies disappear and others stay? I would like them to remain and for blood to splatter when you keep shotting them, is this possible??

6) Is there a nice normal indoor theme package? If say i wanted to re create my house for example

7) Can you use saves instead of checkpoints?

8) If i buy this product will a better version be brought out in a months time and render this one obselete by the company??

9) Why dont barrels actually explode?? You know with like fire

10) How can i make videos for my game? Like somethnig for beginners i can use to make a video file for the game to play. BTW im not asking how you get them to play in the game but how do people actually make them thereselves

11) Could someone please explain to me all the latest patches or updates i should be aware of

12) Could i have a friendly entity open a door for me without the need for me to write the script for it??

Again thankyou to anyone that spends thier time answering my questions
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 1st Nov 2006 15:38
1. Yes, you can change the player speed, but the sound becomes an issue (not matching the movement). Make sure you have enough computer to run the program (and them some more).
2. Yes
3. No, but remember that the map has 25 levels up and down.
4. The AI is generic, for lack of a better term. Through scripting, you can make it much better and matched for your game.
5. This option is in the script assigned to the characters AI Main.
6. I don't know of any home themes, but you will find a wealth of segments and home articles here on the forum.
7. The save and load function allows hotkey saves or clicking through the menu. The checkpoints are for allowing the player to return to a recent place in the game should he die.
8. To the best of my knowledge, TGC plans to continue to upgrade this version for some time. I know of no other product set to take it's place.
9. Again, this is for you to configure in the editor and scripting.
10. There are a number of options/programs here. A search for movies will bring up some info.
11. The latest update is V1.03 and you can find that info on the TGC Downloads page.
And last but certainly not least.......
12. No, you must tell them what to do or they wander around stupidly (as you already know).

Welcome to the forums and the wonderful (painful) world of game making.

Best.

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 02:00
Don't even hesitate to buy FPSC. it is possibly a better invention than the computer itself. There is many downsides but with a good knowledge of scripting you can make the game good. Frame rates is an issue though
SunnyKatt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2006 01:54
heres MY answers

1yes this is entirely changeable, super easy too
2yes unlimited possibilitys buddy
3you wont need to! the map creation screen is huge and has 25 floors!
4the ai that comes with fpsc is dumb but you can very easily go download sensei or something else. very easy to fix, in my point of view.
5you pick this in the character settings
6you can add roofs to anything to make it indoors
7you have to download a mod and it only saves the level you are on but very useful
8hahaha no, and if so they will let fpsc people upgrade probobly
9you could change this with a different exploding animation... agian everything is changeble.
10 you have to download some program, or just take a billion screenshots every second and blend em together.
11 just look in the fps creator news!
12 nah scripts control everything ud have to write a script

there u go... peace

IM NEVER ONLINE TILL SOMETIME AT NIGHT!!! god dont expect me to be sitting at my computer all the time
Gamz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 14:27
For the save-game thing, TGC have released a patch that allows you to save anywhere. Also, Butterfingers Sensai A.I should fix the A.I problem.

I am a manifestation of your subconscious.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 18:18:33
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 18:18:33