Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Anyone else feel like I do??

Author
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 01:46
I am totally frustrated with FPS Creator, Don't get me wrong, I love the concept of what FPSC is supposed to be, But as we say in the south, Great day in the morning. There are still bugs always being posted. Frame rates STINK. Iam beginning to think its all about the money. I have purchased model packs 1,2,3,4, Animated sprite pack, Not to mention the main program, V1. Thats a big chunck of change. Also I've supported various members by buying their stuff. And alot of it too. Seems to me TGC could do a better job of getting FPSC in better shape for us.
I still get low frame rates with RC3. Cant even run a decent game. Lord knows TGC has made plenty money off all of us. Now model pack 5 which I will probablly buy too. All I am trying to say is Please get rid of the bugs and fix the frame rates. With all the cash you guys get you could hire someone to fix it for you. Seems that even the mods are getting frustrated. Uman stated he was going to put his FPSC on the back shelf for a while. Come on TGC WE NEED RESULTS THAT WORK.

http://www.mk83productions.com http://www.freewebs.com/mk83
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 01:56
I agree with you. FPSC is like the greatest thing ever. but there is soooo many downsides to it. I'm getting the model pack 5 today and i have 1&2 but there is still so many problems. Like the dumn AI. All those scripts that suppose to make ai smart just for some odd reason don't work on my comp. The frame rates is prob the worst part though. TGC is rakin in money... you think they would fix it up at least a bit. Don't get me wrong i LOVE FPSC
Doughboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 02:28
I agree. I wouldn't use anything else other than FPSC (though, it's not like I could if I wanted to ), but sometimes it kills me.

I would be willing to fork out [alot] more dough for a big update (v2?)... fixing up various issues including improving multiplayer etc... or an "expansion pack" for people who want to make more "professional" games.

I'm not much of a single player person, so I'm kinda kicking around working on my game assets until multiplayer is improved so I can release something.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 02:44 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2006 02:45
Most users on this forum recognize the power and potential of this program. There is no other program that does what this one does at this price, anywhere. If it were a matter of someone just fixing the program to work perfectly on any computer with any user behind the keyboard, someone else would have done it by now and got rich. We would all be using that other perfect, low cost, anyone-can-do-it program and this conversation would never have happened.

How many people do you think code Microsoft Windows? Have you ever seen a version of it that was not flawed, patched and updated on a regular basis? Do you think the fine people at TGC are screwing with you and stealing your money?

At the risk of sounding rude, I think a lot of your problem is behind the keyboard. If you think FPSC is so bad, I believe you will never succeed in game making. Perhaps you should start out with something a little easier.

Best.

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 02:59
My new pc can handle fpsc really well, hell, it plays Half life two on full settings at 160fps.

I dont see any problems with it, I think its the persons system which is part of the cause.

MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 03:02 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2006 03:10
I was'nt trying to offend anyone xplosys, and I do enjoy FPSC very much. I just wish it worked better with less bugs. And no, I don't think they are screwing with me or ripping me off. And my pc like Higgins, can handle Half life 2 and many other games on full settings with no problem. Maybe the problem is behind my keyboard, But there are others with the same problems.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 03:16
I might point out that FPSC has provided three updates/patches in the last trwo months and the understaning I have is they are going to keep coming.
FPSC can be frustrating.I can understand that and agree with that.
But TGC is working on upgrading FPSC and they are committed to FPSC.
We all need to have a little patience.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 03:23
Quote: "I dont see any problems with it, I think its the persons system which is part of the cause."

I think you are right. Every piece of software has minimum and recommended system requirements. As a general rule, you should have AT LEAST the recommended if you don't want to have problems. That does not take into account any given system, where a user may have 40, 50 or even 60 processes running at the same time. Many people do not know what processes are or that they are even running and taking up a major portion of system resources.

But equipment is not ALL of the issue. Anything worth while takes work from the end user to get around the programs issues and short-commings and just make-it-work. As I said, many here know that and find ways to accomplish thier goals. I am really quite amazed at the progress of things in the short time I have been here.

@MK83,

I wasn't either. I did however wish to express my view as stongly as you did. This program is still new as programs go, and fixes/updates have not been overdue. If you hang in there, I think you will continue to see improvements in a timely manner.

Best.

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
I agree with xplosys on this matter a lot of the problems come from the user not the software.

You do have to work hard to get good results from the software but thats the same with any software you use to make game's.

Im a wizz at texturing toilets
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 03:52
There is no magic button. TGC never promised that FPSC would make the game you want to make. They only promised that it would make games "out of the box", and it does that well. It will make a playable Sci-Fi or WW2-like FPS with little or no effort on the end users part. The problem is that some people want it to do what they want it to do automatically, or easily. No one ever promised that.

You should think of FPSC as a generic starting point, waiting for you to mold it into the vision you have in your head. It is an engine you can use to make your game, not a magic game maker.

I keep hearing about the bad AI. Sorry, but it keeps bringing me back to the magic button. The AI is capable of doing most anything you tell it to, but you must learn how to tell it. The engine will accept and manipulate any imaginable model, if you make it. You can create any environment using custom segments, once you create them. You can add sounds, music, movies, images, etc.

Yet we hear; the world is too small, or the FPS is too slow, or the AI is too dumb, or etc. There are just too many things stopping some people from making a good game, and I have a feeling that there always will be. Meanwhile, others amaze us with new creations and creative thinking almost daily.

I'm not pointing this at anyone, and forgive me for being long winded. I just don't understand the way some think.

Happy game making.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 04:00
If you want a "magic button" game try the 3D Gamemaker.
I hear that is how that works.
The bottom line is that FPSC is improving.
A bit of the problem can be attributed to user error.
Some of it is still the engine and it is being worked on.
While I don't have a high end machine FPSC functions pretty good on my pc (except for shaders,which my crap Intel graphics card doesn't support,but that is another story).
I am just going to keep working on my game and I am pretty sure as long as it is taking me that most of the improvements I want to see in FPSC will be reality by the time it's done.

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 04:18
What you are doing is what you should do. buy the packs, keep things alive and working.
They will get it better it just takes time.they didn't have the save and load and now they do. just hang in there , learn the tricks and make levels and games.
When it comes with the patchs they will fix the lag and other problems and you will be more then ready.

MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 04:35 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2006 04:45
Thank you all for your feedback. I do intend to keep going ahead, I just got frustrated, as all humans do. And I will be getting model packs as they become avaliable. Thanks again.

Mods you may lock or delete this post before everyone decides to hate me.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 05:04 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2006 05:05
look at it this way...

it can only get better, so work with what you have, and if you build something great with the current limitations, imagine how great it will run when those limitations are expanded

http://www.seqoiagames.com/seqoiacorp/
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 11:37
Which ever way we look at it, speed is an issue with FPSC. The framerate is topped at 33fps. That leaves room for improvement for sure.

But having said that, that doesn't mean your game needs to be slow at all. Keeping in mind that FPSC has a speed issue, you still can push FPSC to the limits, but not beyond it.

We see many people complain about the lag in their games, but they've simply not worked within the frame that you're supposed to work in.

Find the boundaries of FPSC and stay within those and you can create some cool games and projects with it.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 12:51
Quote: "If you want a "magic button" game try the 3D Gamemaker."

Hey I got that to..... But how do you make multilevels instead of single level games.... And if you say its in the manual I read it printed it out read it again and I didnt see it.... Could of missed it knowing me but nope never seen it...

But I can understand MK83 when you play online games like halo, call of duty, battlefront etc etc....these are online multiplayer first player games and we all seen mod's on these game made by individuals which probably drew a good percentage of us in when we found out you don't need to know coding to build your own online game... Heck once you get that far like I did thats when I forked out my 50 bucks for it then I was like oh nope they didnt lie to me I just had higher expectations for this software.

But coming in when I did before it's first patch and waiting the months to see it happen gave me a chance to learn some modeling...pretty limited in that area.... but this community is something I dont see on other forums there friendly here they help and you see alot of content on this forum and that certianly does help...

Now also all these packs from TGC I bought them to I feel for what they are there worth it I would of never been able to get some of these things together on my own but having them available to buy helped me feel like my software was worth the purchase..

Now for the third party guys like MagicFPS, SignsIII that allow you to make your own packs was like a wild animal getting his first cheetos its like the earth was viewed in color for the first time. And gave me a chance to better understand this software.

Now yes this package is limited and having over expectations just makes it worse... But after researching the internet over the other game making software I feel like I got a great deal for what I paid. But my expectation do exceed this software package and I would love to find what I want at a price I can afford.... Not likely considering I want to build something along the lines of the first call of duty where you got multiple servers on a listing system that shows all the server to allow anybody join these server.... server are able to be locked down, rcon command, multiple maps per server... no home pc side server, TEAM!!!! various game times like CTF, TDM, S&D etc I mean I can go on and on what I want but its easier to say hey I got a great piece of software what can I accomplish with it...

Okay I yaked enough here

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2006 22:38
I wanted to publicly apologize for the harsh comments I made the other night. I'm very sorry for comming on strong mouthed. And hope I offended no one. Both my inlaws are in intensive care in the hospital and I think I had a little too much beer. Really I love working with FPSC and I enjoy this forum as well. With that said. I just bought model pack 5 and have to go and get the weapons maker now. Lets get to making those games, The world is waiting.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 18:24:19
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 18:24:19