Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / List of plugins ported to GDK.NET

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 10:57 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2006 14:07
I'd like to build up a list of plugins which have been, or are in the process of being ported to the GDK.NET development platform. Hopefully, this resource will be helpful to people considering buying the .NET version of DBPro... like myself. Obviously, TGC have a vested interest in making DarkAI, DarkPhysics, DarkLights, Darkwhatever available and they may choose to invest the time in that. However, this list should include the oh-so-useful third party plugins too.

* EZ_Rotate - completed
* ODE - in progress
* CSM Importer - scheduled

[center]
game dev ... is like a bouncy castle full of breasts - VanB
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 11:31
I'm working on porting the ODE library to work on DGDK.NET.

Can I assume that '*' means in progress?

Paul.

Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 11:40
Does the GDK csm importer work with the .net version?

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 11:53
Will anyone want my Mappy plug-in converted ? If so, I can make the project (and code) availiable for those willing to convert to .Net

Visit my web site for real bangin' stuff. Word.
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 13:13
Lost In Thought, the DGDK CSM plugin will not work with DGDK.NET (yet). I will sort this out soon.

OSX, any C++ source code that can be made available for plugins will help in quickly converting them to work with DGDK.NET.

Paul.

adr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 14:06 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2006 14:07
Quote: "Can I assume that '*' means in progress?"

No, that's just me misusing the mediawiki markup. It was intended to be a bullet point. I'm such a noob - I should be using penguins or those Amiga ticks.

[center]
game dev ... is like a bouncy castle full of breasts - VanB
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 14:36 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2006 14:38
I can easily port any plugins I wrote, to native .net dll's to work with any .net app since the plugins were written in vb.net to begin with, just with certain definitions and scoping changes to accomodate tools like ZK's great converter utility need to be reverted to standard coding practices. Certain other ones wouldnt make sense to make available, like dbp_netlib, thats mostly filled with standard vbnet functions that I wrapped in my own dumbed down functions for dbp, then the whole lot was wrapped in c++ by exeat for a dbp plugin.

The others like the database stuff could now be improved upon to make use of cool things like Enterprise Library and even Web Services.

And I already have a pure .NET client dll for EZ_Serv which can be dropped into a project forth with.

coding games in .net is so gonna rock. I have to look back on tests and starts made in dbp and see if anything is worth reviving. Maybe DarkTOPIA is worth a second look...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 06:12:21
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 06:12:21