Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DGDK.NET / C# / VS2005 / InitializeGDK NotImplementedException

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 13:22
I am trying to run my first sample app with DGDK.Net. I followed the instructions in the tutorial. When I run the app, I a NotImplementedException at DGDKLib.dgdkAppClass.InitializeGDK(Int32 hProcess, String strDgDk, String strKey). The offending line is at line 76 of dgdkGlobals.cs

-MudBug
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 13:40
I got a similar error with my VB application trying to run it on a machine that doesn't have the the runtime library installed.

Is this happening when running the app via the IDE?

Another think is to check that the App Assembly info hasn't changed. If so re-run the Authenticator and re-add the .dgdk file generated.

Another thing to check is that when you cut and pasted the init string, you didnt leave off any characters by accident.

Jas

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 13:45
Sorry, another quick check. Did you do:

12 After selecting OK, while still on the Project Properties page, select the Debug tab. You must now uncheck the option 'Enable the Visual Studio hosting process'. If you fail to turn this option off, DarkGDK.NET will fail to initialise correctly.

Jas

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 13:50
Unfortunately the VHost processing flag messes with the toolkit in ways I cannot fix or workaround. It has to be disabled for everything to go smoothly.

Paul.

Mudbug
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 18:30
Resolved:
Yes, I unchecked the box "Enable the Visual Studio hosting process". However, I noticed that even with this box unchecked, Visual Studio still produced the file MyApp.vshost.exe. I deleted this file and ran the authentication tool again. This did the trick.

Thanks, much!

-MudBug
eagle scout 316
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2007 22:48
I deleted the SpinningCube.vshost.exe file after reading above, and also made sure everything was exactly followed in the tutorial, and still get the following problem:

System.TypeInitializationException was unhandled
Message="The type initializer for 'CDGDK' threw an exception."
Source="SpinningCube"
TypeName="CDGDK"
StackTrace:
at CDGDK.InitializeDGDK(String strKey)
at SpinningCube.Program.Main(String[] args) in E:\My Documents\Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\SpinningCube\SpinningCube\Program.cs:line 11

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 08:08:10
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 08:08:10