Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DarkGDK .NET - version upgrade?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I will buy the DarkGDK .NET either tomorrow or next week but due to money reasons I wanted to get the freeware license first. But now it seems that one can't upgrade freeware to commercial. Is that so and if yes: why?
Hope the nice guys from TGC have just forgotten to put a link for upgrading on the site.

http://www.hypnoscreen.com
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2006 13:31
We will release a license upgrade (and DGDK to DGDK .NET upgrade path) soon, but I am on holiday next week (and only I can release the changes onto the site), so please wait until after this.

"Bite my shiny metal ass" (Futurama)
"Don't ping my cheese with your bandwidth" (Dilbert)
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2006 16:19
Just to finish off this thread - the site has now been updated with the License Upgrade option.

"Bite my shiny metal ass" (Futurama)
"Don't ping my cheese with your bandwidth" (Dilbert)
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2006 16:27
Cheers Rich.

Jas

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
Miguel Melo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2006 19:35 Edited at: 13th Nov 2006 19:36
But the page is still missing the "DISCOUNT: If you purchased DarkGDK C++ directly from us you receive a 90% discount" bit

Seriously, though, there is still no info on the discount normal GDK users will be entitled in the page.

I have vague plans for World Domination
Miguel Melo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2006 01:48 Edited at: 18th Nov 2006 01:48
Quote: "there is still no info on the discount normal GDK users will be entitled in the page."

Boy, is this info NOT forthcoming...

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2006 02:54 Edited at: 18th Nov 2006 02:54
Miguel, there is currently no option to upgrade from DGDK (C++) to DGDK.NET at a reduced purchase price. This is conclusive, but if you feel you wish to take it further, please email Rick Vanner via the support channels. I can't offer any other advice or suggestions regarding this matter.

Cheers.

Paul.

[EDIT] Corrections

Miguel Melo
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Paul,

I know this is not your call, but I must state here - for TGC's employees information - that I'll feel very cheated if it indeed turns out to be that way.

Not only because that is not what Richard Davey said in the Newsletter 46 thread on Nov 2nd
Quote: "
Miguel Melo: @Richard Davey: Do DGDK owners get a discount when buying DGDK .Net?

Richard Davey: Miguel - Yes we will offer this, check out the DGDK .NET page tomorrow.
"

But also because DGDK have endured a fair bit of abandonment for someone who purchased a premium product and it's only fair that TGC throws us a bone, so to speak. Especially since they are doing that to people who bought a non-premium product like dbpro.

I have always thought that this delay was an operational one: I never thought they actually decided _against_ it. Can you shed some light here please, Richard D.?

As I said previously, I will be holding off the crossgrade until the normal DGDK gets fixed, so I'm not in dire need of this info right now. But it's only good form to know this when the update does come and I do want to buy it.

Beavis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2006 15:40
Any news? I also bought DGSDK and still waiting to upgrade options...

--------
Beavis
http://www.progress-studio.com
Miguel Melo
Years of Service
User Offline
I think the silence on this matter speaks volumes... since Richard Davey has been back for weeks my guess is that TGC has gone off (and back, I must stress) the idea of giving DGDK owners a competitive crossgrade option. Which is an interesting decision seeing as it was these very people who stood by the product through the bad and the worse times.

(Cattle Rustler, though my other post about VS 6 support was a totally "normal" one I have to admit to the sin of the present one being teeth-gritting typing... )

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2006 13:36
Someone emailed me about this and the comment I gave them still stands : The decision to cross-grade to .NET was dropped, and if you want to appeal that decision you need to email Rick Vanner (rick@thegamecreators.com) with your reasons, just like Paul said. Don't ask me why it was dropped, I've no idea.

Heavy on the Magick
Miguel Melo
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Richard... I appreciate your input on this (not being sarkey, I really do ).

I'll drop Rick an email in the next few days to check up on this with him.

Jna99
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2006 14:31
Miguel I really feel abandoned, I've spent so many hours programing, thinking TGC would someday have the upgrades DBP but nothing...now the DarkGDK.net issue...this is still the best tool to create games but sometimes...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-29 04:06:44
Your offset time is: 2024-06-29 04:06:44