Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Should i upgrade from DarkBASIC Pro...?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Greetings all, im currently working on my game in DarkBASIC Pro and was wondering if its worth shilling out 99 pounds for the SDK.

I havent built an loads in the compiler so i could easily switch over and copy what i have done, and i do know C++ quite well but im not sure if i should blow 99 quid on the SDK, is it that much better than DBP?

Doh!
flibX0r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2006 06:21
Same engine, but in C++. Just get all the DBPro commands, squish them into once word and add db to the beginning of them, and you have the Dark Game SDK

Big whorls have little whorls which feed on their velocity,
Little whorls have lesser whorls and so on to viscosity. - Lewis F. Richardson
roujesky
Years of Service
User Offline
Are you using any plug-ins for DBPro? I am a little confused myself on which ones work with the SDK. Someone posted that all they are is dll's and will just work. I seem to remember others disagreeing. I know that there is discussion about having to port some plugins to the .net version....
Sorry, re-reading this looks like I am just introducing FUD into the discussion
Siolis
Years of Service
User Offline
I have purchased, allthought not recevied, the NGC plug in. I have read rumours that it dosent work with the SDK though.

@flibX0r

So your basiclly paying for a speed improvement and things like object orentated programming then? Sounds worth it cus ive just purchased a copy of MS: Visual Studio 2005.

Doh!
flibX0r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2006 02:34
I've found it very useful, wrapped up most of the object types in their own little classes, makes my life so much easier

Big whorls have little whorls which feed on their velocity,
Little whorls have lesser whorls and so on to viscosity. - Lewis F. Richardson
EddieB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2006 18:12
The ngc plugin does work with C++, you just need to write a loader for c++ Some people have done this already.
Miguel Melo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The ngc plugin does work with C++, you just need to write a loader for c++ Some people have done this already."

Incidently, must email Matthew to see if he found out what was wrong with picking in my wrapper so I can release it to the community.

I have vague plans for World Domination
EddieB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2006 18:01
If you need any other help, Email it to me... I'll see what I can do for you.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-29 04:32:29
Your offset time is: 2024-06-29 04:32:29