Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Unsmashable windows

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2006 18:39
I've created an unsmashable window and I would like there to be bullet holes (and perhaps a spray of glass shards?) when the player shoots at it. At the moment nothing appears at all on it when the player shoots it. Is this possible?

Best Regards,
Nickydude
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 4th Nov 2006 21:27
Welcome to the forums, Nickydude.

You pretty much have to make a choice. Either the window is "unsmashable" or you can shoot holes in it. In order to spray glass shards, the window would have to smash, right? When you shoot glass, it shatters, not makes bullet holes. If you want bullet holes, you should use something other than glass.

I hope you don't let a picky thing such as this distract you from making a game.

Happy game making.

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2006 21:28
just note Nickydude, please remember to use the forum's search function.

welcome!

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 01:03
Quote: "just note Nickydude, please remember to use the forum's search function."

I did, but couldn't find anything about what I was looking for.

Quote: "You pretty much have to make a choice. Either the window is "unsmashable" or you can shoot holes in it. In order to spray glass shards, the window would have to smash, right? When you shoot glass, it shatters, not makes bullet holes. If you want bullet holes, you should use something other than glass."

Thanks, but what I actually meant was bulletproof glass. In games like half-life and Doom, there is certain glass that you can shoot but don't smash. Bullet holes are left on the glass and small glass fragments are sprayed out (like where you shoot a crate for the first time and there's a 'puff' of wood splinters that immediately disappear)

Best Regards,
Nickydude
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 17:09
This is what I mean:

But with the window to be see through.

Best Regards,
Nickydude
theodore
Years of Service
User Offline
Nickydude, I believe I know part of the solution.
I don't know of a way to spray glass shards, (yet )
BUT, if you take any window that comes with the product and set the
"Static Mode" property to "Yes" then...you have an unbreakable window with bullet holes on it!
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2006 15:53
I've discovered that thanks

The only drawbacks are:

1/. It looks like there is no glass in the window, I would have liked it to look like the "Static Mode = No" type, with the smudges and the emblem.
2/. If you have a window looking out onto a backdrop [skycube], you can't see the bullet holes.

Best Regards,
Nickydude

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 18:19:22
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 18:19:22